xxiv. "ga-ga!"

" it's the most wonderful time of the year! "

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

CHRISTMAS WAS CASS' FAVOURITE time of year, well it was now she had escaped from the doom and gloom of Grimmauld Place. Emphasis on the doom.

Sirius had dressed up as Santa Claus, and had delivered Clara, Nick and Lia their presents, with James trotting along beside him in stag form, a red nose stuck on him. This had been much to the amusement of the three babies, who had shrieked with laughter, Clara shouting "Santa, Santa!" repeatedly.

Now, they were going to Potter Manor for Christmas dinner. Nick and Lia had fallen asleep in the buggy, but Clara was babbling happily in Lily's arms, fairing surprisingly well with the apparition.

"Merry Christmas my darlings!" Euphemia said, a Santa hat on her head at a jaunty angle.

"Ga-ga!" Clara squealed. Euphemia beamed. Clara could not pronounce Granny yet, so much to everyone's amusement called Euphemia Ga-ga and Fleamont 'pa instead of Grandpa.

"The food'll be ready in half an hour." Euphemia said. "I thought we could do presents first."

"Sounds good Mum." James said, pecking his mothers cheek. "Merry Christmas."

"You three boys, go and help Fleamont with the fire." Euphemia said.

"Mum, we aren't boys anymore." James huffed.

"Yeah, we're men." Sirius said. Lily and Cass snorted, and Euphemia raised her eyebrows, biting back a chortle.

"Men, are you now?" She said. "You'll always be my baby boy Jamesie." She ruffled James' hair, and he groaned, swatting her away.

"Mum! I'm nearly twenty!" James said.

"Yes exactly, not nearly old enough to be a man." Euphemia said. "Oh, and don't think that excludes you Sirius, you're still that little twelve year old mischief maker who blew up the toilet."

"Hey! That was James' idea." Sirius defended.

"I'd forgotten about that." James grinned.

"Yes, now go and help your father." Euphemia said. "Noah, you as well."

"Sure thing Euphemia." Noah said. Euphemia smiled brightly at Cass and Lily.

"Right, now that they're gone, let's have a quick catch up."

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

SIRIUS SAT SILENTLY AT THE TABLE, mulling over the fact that Grace was pregnant. He had barely slept the previous night, terrified of what everyone would say first of all, but absolutely scared shitless at the prospect of being a dad. His own father had been so shitty, and Sirius was terrified at the thought of being anything like him.