vii. the rosenthals

" you never really know what's coming

" you never really know what's coming. a small wave, or maybe a big one. all you can really do is hope that when it comes, you can surf over it, instead of drown in its monstrosity. "
-alysha speer

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

CASS LAY WITH HER HEAD on Noah's chest, tuning in to the steady duddum duddum of his heartbeat. She never wanted to leave the bubble of their honeymoon, far away from the worries of regular life. The past week had been, without a doubt, the best week of Cass' life. She had never felt more at ease, more happy, than she had whilst spending time with her husband.

Husband. The word itself felt weird whenever she thought about it, even being married blew Cass' mind if she thought about it for too long. She had never even dreamed that she would be happily married, always being told she would marry someone respected and more importantly, pureblooded. She had been thinking about that a lot recently, how she was two words away from being married to Avery.

Even the thought made her shiver, but she was lucky enough to get away, and now she was the happiest she'd ever been. She supposed she felt so relaxed because she knew that Avery would never find her in Italy. He didn't even know she had gotten married.
Noah's eyes fluttered open and his grip on Cass' waist slackened for a moment.

"Morning." He said, his voice husky. "What time is it?" Cass smiled, leaning up to kiss him.

"Morning." She said. "It's about eleven." The couples sleep schedule had very much been altered by their honeymoons bliss — the two of them staying up until the early hours of the morning, chatting, laughing, dancing

"Aw bloody hell." Noah groaned. "C'mon love, we should get up."

"I don't wanna." Cass said, pouting. She pulled the covers up over her head. Noah chuckled.

"Cassie, love, we have to get ready to leave."

"Can't we just stay here forever?" Cass said, sticking her head out a few inches. Noah shook his head, smiling softly.

"I wish we could love, but we've got to get back." He said.

"Says who?" Cass mumbled. "Let's stay here, move here, let's run away."

"It's hardly running away, we're both adults Cass." Noah said.

"It is running away if we don't tell anyone where we're going." Cass said, pushing the covers off of her and sitting cross legged across from him. "So let's do it, you and me, we can get a little house beside the sea, and I'll open an ice cream shop and you'll become a fisherman or somethng — no magic, we can start afresh. No noble house of Black, no problems, no Avery."

Cass clamped her mouth closed, rather shocked that she was actually able to say his name. She had scarcely managed it since she had returned to her regular life, stumbling over the word like it was going to curse her. She looked eagerly at Noah, so so tempted to follow through with this plan and never have to worry about her past ever again.