xii. third time (un)lucky

" in our unlucky times, it is a great comfort to think that luck only favors the bad guys or the dull! "—mehmet murat ildan

mehmet murat ildan

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

CASS KNEW THAT THERE WAS no way of getting away from Rowle now. Her wand was fifty metres away, and her brother had just been flung of a cliff. He could be dead for all she knew, she doubted he could have survived the fall. Cass suddenly realised how stupid she had been in insisting she came, now she was putting her unborn child in so much danger. She took off running away from Rowle, stumbling over the uneven ground. She could hear him behind her, the thud of his footsteps getting closer and closer.

She could see her wand now, it was so close, if she could just run a bit faster... Cass yelped and ducked as a spell came shooting over her head, tripping over a mound of grass. She flipped herself onto her back as she fell, her hands automatically shielding her stomach. Rowle leaned over her, pointing his wand at her chest.

"Oh—ho, Avery is going to be pleased." He said, grabbing Cass' wrist. Cass squirmed in his grip, screaming loudly as she was lifted off of the ground and flung roughly over Rowle's shoulder.

"Let go off me you fucking prick!" She shouted, hitting her fists off of his back. Her eyes widened as she saw Lily and Dorcas also being restrained by death eaters. Dorcas was hurling abuse at Rabastan Lestrange, who had a large cut down the side of his face.

"Look girlies, if you want to tell us how to get it, then we'll let you go." Mulciber said silkily. "No one needs to get hurt."

"Oh so if we tell you, you're just going to let us walk away?" Lily snorted, thrashing about in her captors grip. "Sure, you will, not like you're a bunch of psychos or anything."

Mulciber slapped her straight across the face.

"No need to get cheeky." He said. "Maybe someone else will loosen your tongue."

"Oh, so you're going to take us to Voldemort now?" Dorcas said, raising her eyebrows. The death eaters all sucked in a breath.

"How dare you speak his name." Mulciber hissed. "You filthy half-blood!"

"Lets go." Rowle said. "They aren't gonna talk here."

"We aren't going to talk anywhere." Dorcas snapped.

"Someone shut her up whilst I think." Mulciber said. Cass couldn't see what was going on, her view being solely Rowle's back. She blanched as she heard Dorcas scream.

"Don't touch her." Lily said angrily.

"The mudblood as well." Mulciber said.

"Don't call her that!" Cass said defensively. Mulcibers eyes lit up as he surveyed her body slung over Rowle's shoulder.