Chapter 22.

[Taehyung's point of view]

My eyes were glued at a random building on the other side from the glass wall of this hotel room.

That would be a lie if I say that my brain was devoid of any thoughts which were being suppressed by me right now.

My phone still had no network but it anyway didn't matter. My vision switched to my reflection over the glass. My hair was a mess and a little damp after the wash. The grey hoodie was a decent option as this city was a slightly cooler, not forgetting that it was the winter and the year had almost ended.

I sighed and walked back to the bed. I tried to face time mom, maybe by luck if I could able to reach her.

After the fifth try she finally appeared on the screen.

"My baby! How have you been?! I tried to reach you but..... anyway. Y/n informed, last night, that your company and Collins are finally dealing up..... that needs a celebration. When are you coming back?", She asked.

"Tomorrow.....", I mumbled showing not as half enthusiasm as she just showed.

"Oh my baby you look tired", she spoke in worry.
"I'm fine, it's just the cold.....is everyone good at home?", I questioned.
"Surely..... tomorrow is the new year eve, have you planned something or should I go with what I've planned?", She asked to which I nodded.

"Go ahead with whatever is in your mind......", I replied.

"Catherine is with you, isn't it?"
"She is....."
"Do you see her as a potential partner?"

I snorted. It was too straight forward.

"Oh look Y/n is here too~", my heart raced when mom called her out to join the face time.
"I'm getting late to see Jade....have to take her for checkups.....", She reasoned from off screen.

"Oh come on you two.....", Mom pulled her by arm and now she was in the frame, looking awkward.

"Well.....I should have some rest, feeling a bit lazy~", I tried to escape.
"Wait— let me finish the talk. So Catherine, the girl is pretty and looks humble. I think she likes you too, why don't you ask her out?", I was trying my best to not look at Y/n but her constant gaze at me was making it impossible. Our eyes met but I immediately looked away at mom.

"My phone's battery is down, by—", before I could hang up the network went off and the call was disconnected.

I kept my phone away and lied flat down.

Something in me felt at ease after I saw her. She looked completely fine but when even did the distances bother her? Never.

There was a visitor at my door who turned out to be Catherine.

"Come in.....", I invited her before shutting back the door.
"This city is a lot colder how are you managing just with the hoodie?!", She exclaimed rubbing her hands together.

She was wearing a thick woolen teal sweater.

"Use the blanket.....", I spoke and she immediately slide her frame into the blanket on my bed as if she was waiting for me to say it. I chuckled.

"I thought we can go out but looks impossible, I don't even want to step out of this comforter!", She explained. I chuckled watching her concealed frame shrinking.

"Should we watch some movie?", She asked with her raised brows.
"If you want to.....", I shrugged.

She rummaged through her cellphone in order to select a good watch.