Chapter 23.

Taehyung took his seat near Mr. Bryan while I sat across from the old man. He called for a casual meet up, at his private resort, perhaps to know our company, and its owner, more.

After a while his secretary arrived and sat near me. We passed each other a formal smile.

"I was looking up your previous projects, this one deal made me curious", he paused while I tried to fill the blank but that was a bad decision.

"Mr. Taehyung, your secretary seems too involved. Zab-", the old freak turned to his secretary.
"-show the young lady around, we are talking business and she has no reason to stay", he passed the other man a specific glance which I failed to understand.

Taehyung and I passed each other a look. He looked sorry for me.

I was enraged at the behaviour of this boomer but was unarmed.

Zab led me ahead. The open corridor to the other side of the resort was windy. The January air was cold enough to spike up the little hair on my skin.

"Are you from here?", I shook my head.
"Another city", I specified the name.
"Living with your family?", I shook my head again.
"As a paying guest at a mansion", I didn't mean to mention it but it just slipped off my mouth which I immediately regretted.

"A mansion?", He raised his brows.
"That must cost you a month's salary!", He exclaimed.
"The mansion belonged to my mom's school best friend so I got some discount", I refrained from telling him that my own boss was the co-owner of that mansion.

"Yes, good for a woman to find an acquaintance, the world is horrible", I mentally rolled my eyes at his thoughts.

I suddenly stumbled over something invisible but gladly did not fall flat. Instead, Zab's hand went around a little above my waist. I tried to shrug it away subtly but he did not let go.

"Carefull", he spoke but I had to push him away sensing his fingers snaking further above and held around one of my breasts.

"Move!", I yelled with a face full of furrow.
"The hell you are doing!", I added. He gasped.
"Are you serious! I was helping you out?", He rolled his eyes.
"Did I ask for your help?!", That was disgusting.
"Oh come on - you ain't no different", he released an ugly chuckle.

His eyes moved at my chest making me tighten my jaw.

"I'll take it to your boss", I warned him with my index finger pointing at him but he had the audacity to release a laughter.

"Bold of you to assume he would trust you, a woman. And don't be a trouble to your own company", he slid his hands in the pockets and went away with a smirk.

I felt helpless. I walked a little further and sat over a wide slab counter almost some centimeters raised on the floor.

My hand rested under my chin, the cold breeze blew my hair all over my face.

I wasn't from that crowd who could not stand for themselves but I also didn't want to be a trouble for Taehyung who already was hurt enough by me.

I made a mental note to catch Zab and make him regret what he did.

My phone buzzed flashing Taehyung's name.

"Come to the parking lot", and he hung up.

I reached him but he gave me an annoyed look.