Stiles || • sad/fluff

" Y/N... He hasn't come out of his office in hours" Noah spoke softly to me, making sure his son could not hear.

Noah was the Sheriff of our little town, Beacon Hills. I grew up here, born and raised. My parents were best friends with Noah and Claudia, his wife, and I was best friends with his son, Stiles. Unfortunately, Claudia passed away when Stiles and I were young, and every year when it came to the anniversary of his mother's passing, he took it hard. This year was worse, this year made 10 years since his mom passed away, and he has been in a really bad funk.

"Can you please come by the station? I think seeing you would really help him out... I don't know what else to do..." Noah trailed off and I nodded my head before realizing he couldn't see me.

"Of course I can, I was planning to bring him food anyways. I'll be there shortly" I reassured him, hearing the worry in his voice start to dissipate. He thanked me and hung up, and I ran upstairs to shower and get dressed.

Stiles and I were best friends, and when we graduated high school, we moved in together. I think deep down we both know there's something more there, and we have acted on it... many times, but I feel like since we graduated, which was when we decided to talk about our future, he's been so stressed out with work and coming to terms with his mom's' death that I felt it best to leave it alone. Him and I briefly in high school dated other people, but it fizzled out very quickly. I love him dearly, he is my best friend and I want the best for him, and I just felt like nothing compared to him, and he had too much on his plate to worry about another girl.

I stepped out of my room, slipping on a simple sundress and some sandals, and while I braided my hair, I looked around our room and chuckled. Stiles really was the messiest person in the world, and as much as I tried to clean up after him, he never seemed to take the hint, although I didn't mind. Clothes were scattered across the floor, and his side of the bed was littered with papers from work. We initially had separate rooms, seeing as we aren't an official couple or anything we thought it was best, in case we met someone, but after months of us still continuing to sleep snuggled next to each other we decided to just move into one room, and we made his old room a dual office for the both of us.

I heard the oven timer go off, and I raced downstairs and packed some dinner for the both of us. I grabbed my purse, put the food and a couple drinks in a bag, and headed out. It was a nice evening, so I decided to walk to the station, knowing Stiles would insist on driving me home even if I had taken my car. I stopped by the market on the way, grabbing a bouquet of flowers and a card before continuing on.

I hummed softly, smiling at the warm sun on my skin, looking down at my watch which read 4:37 pm. Stiles was usually out at 5, so I figured I would just hang out until he got out. I made my way into the station, nodding at the receptionist before knocking softly at his door.

I heard a groan from outside the door and shuffling.

"Dad, I told you I'm fine I don't want an-" he paused once the door was open and he saw me standing there, smiling.

"Oh, hey Y/N.... what's up?" He trailed off, smiling at the sight of me. I giggled softly as his face softened, and he brought his hands up to take the bags out of my hand. I reached up and gave him a soft kiss on the cheek, and as I pulled away, I noticed he began to blush.

"I just figured I'd bring you dinner, we could hang out before you come home. I missed you" I said, smiling widely. He turned his head to close the door, and sat back down in his chair, and I sat in the chair next to him. He opened up the bag and took the container of food out.

"I missed you too- Ooooh my favorite!" he chuckled, and as he leaned back, I lifted my knees up and put my feet up into his lap, resting them there and smiled again as he began to dig in. We talked for a bit about work and such, before I felt it appropriate to bring up the reason I came.