Stiles || • sad/fluff

"Stiles? You home?" I whisper-yelled into the seemingly empty house. I lived across the street and it became a habit to check in on my boyfriend, Stiles, while he slept. And I know what you're thinking, but it's not a creepy thing. Stiles has woken up screaming every night since his mother passed away, and the kid perpetually lives on no sleep. Since i've known him he's never admitted it to me, but I know that it's always the same thing. His last few moments with his mom.

"Stiles?" I whisper again, creeping up the stairs. His dad, Noah wasn't home, but I wasn't too worried about scaring him, it was Stiles I was worried about. Normally Stiles will text me goodnight, and i'll sneak over in the middle of the night and stay with him until Noah gets home.

Stiles wasn't aware of my midnight ninja skills until a couple of months ago. I always snuck out before he woke up, knowing it would be better for Stiles if he wasn't aware I was there. He puts up such a barrier when i'm around and he was always scared to show just how much he missed his mom. One morning though, I overslept and Stiles woke up to me passed out in his computer chair. That was a long conversation.

When Stiles found out I knew and what I had been up to, he was pretty upset. He assured me he would be okay, but I came anyways. I would always come...

"N-No, No No Mom please-" I heard Stiles mumble as I creaked open the door, and saw my sweet sweet boyfriend wailing around in a pool of sweat, clearly having a nightmare. I ran over to him quickly, slipping off my shoes and sneaking into bed with him, something I wasn't normally accustomed to doing.

"Stiles hey, shhhh it's okay i'm right here with you" I whispered softly, pulling his body onto mine so his back was touching my stomach, and rubbed his arms softly. He continued to wail, and I placed soft kisses to the back of his neck, a small tear escaping my eyes. I hated seeing him like this, he always had the worst nightmares. They always greatly affected his work too, and a teachers sympathy only extends to a certain point.

I looked down at my boyfriend, kissing the top of his head and sighing, wishing I could do more. Suddenly, Stiles woke up and started screaming. Loudly. Louder than i've ever heard him scream before. I gripped him tightly and whispered to him, hoping something would click.

"Stiles, Stiles, Hey, Baby it's okay, baby" I whispered, but nothing worked, he was still panicking. I took a deep breath and I quietly spoke the one thing I knew that would hopefully pull him out of his trance.

"Mieczyslaw calm down. Breathe. I'm right here"

I watched as his breathing slowed down, his hands still shaking but he was coming back. He looked down at my hands and turned slightly so he could see who was holding him, half expecting his father. When he noticed it was me, he whimpered softly in defeat.

"I-I thought I told you to get some sleep" He said as he sat up slowly. "You don't need to check up on me i'm okay" He whispered, his eyes still caked with tears and his hands began to tremble more. I pulled him into a hug quickly, straddling his waist so I could properly hold him. The second his head hit my shoulder he began to cry, loud sobs escaping and his attempt to stop was failing him. I ran my hands through his head and whispered softly in his ear, hoping to calm him down.

After what felt like hours, he finally had stopped crying. He looked up at me, almost embarrassed, and played with his fingers. "Y/N, I don't want you worrying about me" he began and I chuckled softly, knowing he was trying to convince me after his episode. He closed his eyes as he spoke, his voice almost non-existent. "I-I know how much you need to sleep. I see you in class struggling to stay awake. I see you taking naps in your free period and don't think I haven't noticed you sneaking off to the nurses office for a nap too. You can't worry about me, you need to stay home and sleep. I-I can handle it" He rambled.

"Sti" I said softly, wrapping my hands around his as i brought them up to my mouth and kissed them. I looked into his eyes, his honey brown orbs with tear stained lashes and my heart broke. "I'll always be here, whether you like it or not. You're my best friend. I'm okay" I reassured him, hoping he would believe me. He smiled softly, pulling me in for another hug and rested his head on my chest. I played with his hair and kissed the side of his face, content with my actions thus far. The grip on my waist began to loosen as Stiles fell back asleep, and I laid him down and tried to sneak back into the computer chair when his grip tightened again.

"P-Please stay" I heard, his voice barely audible. I smiled and kissed his forehead.

"I'll be right over there Sti, get some sleep" He refused to release his grip and opened his beautiful brown eyes, looking at me with desperation.

"I-I sleep better with you here, P-Please stay here" he whispered, gesturing to his bed. I blushed, thinking about sleeping in the same bed as my boyfriend, but nodded my head and slumped back down into the bed. He quickly wrapped his arms around my waist again and pulled me into him, him being the big spoon. I laid there peacefully, playing with his fingers in my hands and admired how calloused and large they were. He kissed the top of my spine a couple of times, before drifting off into sleep. I wasn't far behind.