Dylan || • cute/fluff

You had lost count of the amount of times you felt nauseous. It was like any smell was making your stomach roll and throw up. It has been weeks now that something had felt off. It wasn't till you went to get something out of the closet in the bathroom, and you saw the box of tampons, that it hit you. You stood there and tried to think of the last time you had a period and couldn't figure it out.

In that moment you grabbed your purse and headed to the story to grab nearly one of every pregnancy test that the store had. You body became overcome with nervous the entire drive. You and Dylan have  been together for a long time. You always thought of having kids and wanting kids - but never put together a plan. His career was really starting to pic up once again after the pandemic. You were overly proud of him . But if a baby came into the picture only worry seemed to come over you as you thought about it.

"Ok, ok...we got this...we don't even have the results yet," You told yourself as you paced back and forth in the bathroom.

You were silently thankful Dylan was at meetings with his agent for most of the day. Not fully sure you'd be able to handle this with him with you. 

Three minutes have never felt so long.

When the alarm went off you took a few deep breaths before walking over and looking at them.

Positive. They were all positive.

"Oh my god," You whispered softly

And it was then that the past few weeks have made sense.

It was hours later that Dylan came home. You were sitting on the couch catching up on one of your shows as he walked through the door. You knew the moment all the tests came back positive that you had to tell Dylan. This type of thing wasn't something you could keep to yourself.

"Hey baby," Dylan spoke, the corners of his eyes crinkling slightly as he smiled. He walked towards you and moved to bend down and kiss your lips softly.

"Everything go ok?" You asked as he moved to plop down on the couch beside you.

"Yeah, just the normal boring stuff," Dylan sighed softly, "What about you? How was your day?"

Your stomach flipped and you stared  towards him. The words were sitting in your throat wanting to come out.

"My day was good." You spoke softly, you reached into the pocket of your sweats for one of the tests, sitting in a Ziploc.

Dylan looked towards you for a moment, before his eyes narrowed slightly, "Something is up. Usually you go into a little bit of a detail. Read a new book?"

You shook your head and gripped the test tighter in your hand. Dylan's frown only deepened more.

"I'm pregnant," You spoke, making sure to keep your eyes locked with his as he spoke. "I spent my day taking nearly fifteen different tests to make sure...and they all are the same. Positive."

Dylan looked towards you shocked. You felt like you couldn't breathe as you waited for his response.

"Really?" His voice was soft as he spoke. Dylan's face softened as he looked up towards you. You couldn't speak, so you nodded your head. "We're gonna have a baby?"

You nodded your head again and pulled out the test to show him. Dylan looked down towards it and felt tears well in his eyes. The thought of knowing he was creating a new life with you filled him with so much happiness.

"Oh my god," He set the test down before wrapping his arms around you and holding you tightly to his chest.

"You're happy?" You spoke, causing him to pull back and look towards you.

"Of course," His thumb rubbing against your cheek. "Did you think I wouldn't be?"

"I was nervous, but not sure of what." You confessed, "I know we wanted kids, but we never planned."

"And we're gonna figure this out, baby." Dylan smiled down towards you.

Seeing the confidence in his eyes and hearing it in your voice made the nerves from before melt away. Because you knew that you could get through anything as long as Dylan was by your side. Dylan pulled you back into his arms and the two of you sat there and planned everything for your little one.

credit: @strangerquinns tumblr