Dylan || • angst/fluff

This time of year in New York was perfect, for you. Any time you and Dylan would visit during the fall you seemed to fall in love with the city a little more. Fall was your favorite time of year, but fall in LA was different from New York.

The slightly chilled air moved against your skin as you walked down the street with Dylan and the rest of his castmates. It was the last day for shooting Not Okay so everyone thought it would be a good idea to head out. You slipped on your favorite dress and some boots for the night out. Dylan held onto your hand tightly as you walked down the dark streets before slipping into a bar with everyone.

You'd grown a little close with some of his castmates with the times that you flew out to visit, Zoey the most out of them all. So while Dylan sat with the boys at the table you all were able to grab, while you went to the bar for drinks with Zoey.

Dylan sat at the table and chatted with some of the people you were all with, but his eyes shooting across the room towards the bar. A small smile tugged on the corner of his lips when he saw you talking and laughing with the girls that you walked off with. But the smile slowly left away when he saw the bartender walking towards you. His eyes scanning over your body as he smirked and talked to you. Dylan knew the look that was in the man's eyes - he knew because he was sure he gave the same look at times. A flare of jealousy started in his chest as he sat there and watched.

You grabbed your drink and moved away from the bar, coming back with a beer for Dylan. You moved to slide into the seat beside him but felt Dylan's arm around your waist before pulling you down into his lap. He took the beer from your hand and talked to the person across from him like nothing happened. Any time you moved to get out of his lap, Dylan's grip tightened, silently telling you to not move.

But after a while, and a couple of drinks, you needed to get up from his lap.

"I need to go to the bathroom," You whispered in his ear, Dylan's dark eyes moving up towards you.

"Come right back?" He spoke soft enough so that only you would hear.

A soft giggle left your lips, "Yes, sir."

You stumbled out of his lap before walking across towards the bathroom. But what neither you nor Dylan noticed were the bartender's eyes following you as you walked. After finishing your business, you readjusted your dress and stepped out of the room. But as you started towards the table, you felt someone gently touch your arm, grabbing your attention.

"Hey," You spoke, voice slightly slurred from the few drinks you had, but smiling politely towards the bartender from before.

"Finally got away from that table, why don't you come back to the bar, can get you another drink...on the house." He spoke, moving closer to you.

"Oh, uh..." You took a small step away from him when he got closer than you were comfortable with. "I-I'm here with my boyfriend, but thanks."

"Don't wanna have a little fun? Sure he won't mind."

"Mmm, no. No, I'm good." You spoke making your voice a little stronger as you spoke.

The bartender rolled his eyes, "Come on, let me show you a good time."

"Think she told you to piss off," A deep voice spoke from behind you. Dylan's chest was pressed against your back as you stumbled into him slightly. "Now get back to your job and leave my girlfriend alone."

The bartender glared up towards Dylan for a while before scoffing and walking away. You turned around to look up towards your boyfriend, clearly seeing the slightly pissed-off look in his eyes. You looked up towards him and laughed the longer you stared at him, Dylan glared down towards you.

"What are you laughing at?" He asked, his brows pulling together slightly.

"Oh, you're jealous." You laughed moved to wrap your arms around his neck and pressing your body against his.

"No, I'm not," He spoke and rolled his eyes.

"Oh yes, you are. Is that why you wouldn't let me sit anywhere that wasn't your lap?" Dylan looked down towards you but didn't say anything. The silence was confirmation enough. "You are! Oh my god."

"Come on, let's get back to the table."

Dylan kept his arm wrapped around you as you walked back towards the table, everyone laughing, talking, and drinking together. Dylan took his seat and you moved to sit on his lap again. Your arm wrapped around his neck and laid back against him as the two of you sat there.

"It's ok, I like it when you get jealous." You whispered in his ear.

"And I'm gonna show you who you belong to later tonight," He nipped your ear before moving away. An ache building between your legs in anticipation. 

credit: @strangerquinns tumblr