Part 9 - She Didn't Deserve This...

Lou's POV:
I was pacing like a lunatic when Grandpa and Ty walked in. Ty went straight into Lyndy's room and Grandpa sat at the table. "Well?" I say, in a high pitched voice, when nobody says anything. Grandpa looks at me, then looks at the table. "They lost her. We lost her." He says, numb. I covered my mouth with my hand and cried, tears wetting my face. "Oh my God." I sobbed on repeat. Dad walked in the front door then, looking at Grandpa then me. The idea dawned on him, I could see it in his eyes, but he shook his head. "No she... Amy... What..." He stumbled over his words and fell back against the door frame. He rubbed his hand over his face and shook his head. "This can't be happening... This can't be happening!" He yells the second time. I just cried, ignoring everyone. "Mom... Mom what happened?" Georgie asked, worried. I wrapped her in a hug and rested my chin on her head. "I'm sorry Baby, she's gone." I cried, my voice strangled. Georgie pulled away, shaking her head as the tears flooded down her face. "No, no, no..." She sobbed, falling into my chest. I gave her a huge hug and kissed her forehead. "I'm so sorry." I whispered.

Lisa's POV:
I walked into the house after buying everyone some Maggie's to see Tim, Jack, Lou and Georgie in tears. I knew what was coming, but I couldn't assume it was true. "Is she..." I died off. Lou nodded and I covered my mouth and cried quietly. This pain, despite not being related to Amy by blood, was horrible. I can't imagine what it was like for Ty...

Ty's POV:
"How's Mommy?" Lyndy asked me as I walked into her room. She sounded so hopeful... it broke my heart to tell her. "Lyndy, I'm so sorry... Mommy's gone." I whisper as I pull her into a hug. Lyndy pulls back after a few seconds. "When will she be back?" She asked, a smile playing at her lips. I just pulled her into a bone crushing hug and kiss her hair multiple times. "I'm so sorry Hunny, but Mommy isn't coming back." I whispered. I couldn't hear Lyndy crying but I could sense it. "It's okay to be sad Baby, and it's okay to cry. I think... I think the next while will be very sad." I said into her hair. Lyndy nodded. "O-okay." She mumbled. I kissed her again and again, hoping that I could take away some of her pain, even though I knew it wasn't possible.

Georgie's POV:
I sat on my bed, looking at pictures from when I won the Fall Finale. Amy smiled as she hugged me. Tears streamed down my face as I scrolled through the photos I had of her. I stumbled across the photos I had from her wedding. She looked so happy as Ty slid the wedding ring on her finger. I sniffed and wiped my eyes. I had to go for a ride. I put my phone into my pocket and jogged downstairs and out of the house before anyone could talk to me. I didn't even bother tacking Phoenix up, instead riding bareback. I cantered through the field, trying to block out my thoughts. It wasn't working. My vision blurred as tears leaked out of my eyes. I wiped them away and tried to slow Phoenix down to a walk but only got to a trot before losing balance and falling to the ground. "Why! Why did she have to die!" I screamed into the ground, holding my wrist, which was starting to hurt. I wiped my eyes and cried, proper sobs escaping me. "She didn't deserve it... She didn't deserve this." I cried, tucking my legs beneath my bum and leaning over so my face was on the grass. "She never deserved this." I whisper.

Katie's POV:
I can see Phoenix loose in the field and Georgie on the ground. I run up to her. "Georgie? Are you okay?" I shout over to her. She's crying hysterically on the ground, clutching her wrist. I drop to my knees beside her. "Hey, what's wrong? What did you hurt?" I ask calmly. I had just gotten back from the Dude Ranch, where I was grooming the horses. "She didn't deserve this." Georgie cried as I rubbed her back. "Who didn't deserve this?" I asked. Georgie sat up and wiped her eyes, looking at me. "A-Amy d-died." She sobbed, falling onto my shoulder. I stroked her hair. "W-when?" I asked, my voice breaking. Georgie didn't answer but I knew it had to have been soon. "She didn't deserve this." She kept whispering, so I just answered her. "I know she didn't. I know."

Tim's POV:
"That hospital... Why didn't they do anything!" I yelled. Jack wiped his hand over his face and sigh. "Tim, they said there was no intervening-" I cut him off. "Well there should have been!" I roar, pacing around before punching a wall. "Tim-" Jack started before sighing. "What Jack!? That hospital should have prevented this! If they had proper doctors then-" My voice breaks. "If they had proper doctors then Amy would still be here." I say, running my face. "Tim, they didn't know. They couldn't have done anything." Jack says, so tired that I feel bad about arguing. "Jack... I just want my daughter back..." I say, defeated. Jack nods, tears running down his face. "I know you do, Tim. I want her back too."

Author's Note:
Thanks to everyone who has commented and voted for my story, ily all sm! I am happy to say that I will definitely be continuing this for another while at least, so don't worry about that! If I do decide to stop/take a break {which I will have to take in March/April due to a surgery} I will give plenty of notice and will continue ASAP! Thanks so much for reading 🫶