Part 18 - Texts

Lyndy's POV
Nat was moving. Not far, she'll still be in Hudson, but she won't be a twenty minute ride away anymore. She'll be a while longer, but we have a bunch of shortcuts around here, maybe one will be near to her place. She was happy to move, her new ranch has room for eight horses now. Sunrise Lodge, her old house, is my second home, I'm practically part of the family. I was lying on my bed, phone in hand, typing a message to Ty. Hey Ty... Delete. Hi Ty, how... Delete. We should talk. Not call, I'm at home, we can text. Sent. He read the message almost immediately. I sat up on my bed and turned to face the door, so I could see if anyone came in.

Ty: How are you doing??

Lyndy: Yeah, fine. I'm not use to this, and I feel like I should be mad at you.

Ty: You have all right to be mad at me, I abandoned you when you needed me most.

Lyndy: I read the letters.
Lyndy: You left because you wanted to protect me.

Ty: I should have pulled it together, for you.

Lyndy: It's ok, I'm not entirely mad at you. GG isn't either, I don't think. Grandpa is, for sure, he thinks you're full of BS.

Ty: He always thought I was full of BS.

Lyndy: Harley misses you. He's old now, bad arthritis. Scott thinks he's not got much time left.

Ty: Harley was a good horse. He was the first horse I ever broke and the only horse I ever owned. How's Spartan?

Lyndy: I'm sorry Ty, he died last year. On Mom's ten year anniversary.

Ty: God, sorry Lyndy, I shouldn't have mentioned him.

Lyndy: No, no, don't be sorry. He was in pain before he died, I'm glad, in a sense, that he's not suffering anymore.

Ty: You remind me of Amy. She would have thought that too.

Lyndy: Could you... could you tell me about her?

Ty: That's not my place anymore, Lyndy, I lost that place when I left. We both know that.

Lyndy: Fine, I'll let you go this time.

Ty: So, tell me about yourself, we didn't get to talk much when we called.

Lyndy: Okay, I'll tell you stuff. You have to tell me stuff after though. About you, your life now, agree?

Ty: Okay, that seems fair.

Lyndy: Okay. Lyndy Marion Fleming, 14 years old. Favourite food - Burger. Favourite colour - Purple. Favourite place - The barn. Horse - Cappuccino, Palomino, GG and Grandpa rescued him from a meat truck three years ago. I trained him and joined up with him. I want to be a doctor when I'm older, I have no love life and I'm getting a husky when I'm old enough. That's all I can think of on the spot.

Ty: You sound like your mother.

Lyndy: Your turn, tell me.

Ty: Okay.

Ty: Name - Ty Borden Age - 40 Favourite Food - Steak and Chips. Favourite Place - With my wife. I don't own a horse, I have a dog. Barney. Bernese Mountain Dog. I work as a vet in a clinic, and I miss Heartland.

Lyndy: You have a wife?

Ty: Yeah. And two kids on the way.

Lyndy: Twins?!?!

Ty: Lyndy, I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have dropped that on you.

Lyndy: Ty, as much as I should be angry with you that you moved on and got a wife and children instead of coming back here to me, I'm not. I don't know why, or if will be a delayed response or anything but I'm not mad right now.

Ty: I think it will be a delayed response, it is awful that I moved on.

Lyndy: Is she nice? Your wife.

Ty: She's lovely, very good with kids and actually wants to meet you.

Lyndy: Really? How come she wants to meet me?

Ty: I don't know, but she's prepared to give you all the space in the world, if you wanna meet her.

Lyndy: I can't exactly travel to your house, it's not in Hudson.

Ty: I didn't tell you?

Lyndy: Tell me what?

Ty: Me and Maeve are moving to Hudson.

Authors Note:
Hey Everyone, sorry this chapter is shorter then the others, I was running out of ideas and I think that 'Me and Maeve are moving to Hudson' seems kinda suspenseful. And a massive, massive thank you to everyone who has been reading this, this story has hit 1K reads!!! A massive thank you for all your support!!