Part 24 - Renovations

Lyndy's POV:
I was back at Heartland, sitting in the couch. I was watching the latest episode of Emergency: Call 911 on the tv when my phone buzzed. I knew it was Ty, we had been texting a bit more than before. He was still in hospital, but he's getting out today, most likely before I head over. It's been a week since Tim attacked Ty, and I haven't seen him since. He's been over at the house, and barn, since but I haven't been here at the same time as him. I'm prepared to bite his head off so he's lucky he hasn't been over yet. I'm due to ride out to Ty and Maeve's house today, after Ty gets home, to help them set up. Maeve hadn't enough time to set up the house between the hospital trips. On the bright side, Ty's face looked a lot better then it did a week ago. I got up off the couch, stretching my arms above my head. I wandered into my bedroom. I had got my pick of rooms once Katie moved out, so I picked Georgie's old one. I opened my wardrobe, pulling out a wore red shirt and my usual jeans. The shirt was slightly too big, as it had been my moms before she died. I grabbed my straightener from my desk and ran it over my hair quickly. My hair used to be curly, and a nice blond, but now it's basically straight and it's a brown-blonde colour. Lisa says it looks like my mom's hair. It's long now too, down to around the middle of my back. I looked a lot like her, very alike her. I pulled my black hat off the hook on my door and popped it onto my head. As I jogged down the stairs, I nearly bumped into Quinn. "Oh, sorry Lyndy, I was looking for Georgie. Is she..?" He asked, pointing upstairs. I shook my head. "No, I was just up there. She might be in the loft, have you checked there?" I continued walking down the stairs, grabbing my boots from beside the couch. He nodded. "She was sick earlier, I thought she came in here for a drink." He said, frowning. I shrugged, heading out to the barn. "She wasn't here when I woke up. Maybe she went for a ride? She normally does when she's not well or upset." I say, jogging to the barn, Quinn still following me. I opened the barn door, pointing to Phoenix's stall. "Gone on a ride, told you. She'll be back soon, stop panicking." I said, heaving my saddle onto Cappuccino's back. I buckled up the saddle and bridle, pulling myself up onto Cappuccino's back. I rubbed my knee as it ached. I ignored it, riding out of the barn. It was warm out, but it looked dull, dark clouds gathered above. "Just... If you see her, tell her I'm looking for her, please?" Quinn said quickly, trudging off before I had a chance to respond. I rolled my eyes and trotted off towards Ty's.

Ty's POV:
Lyndy would be here soon, to help Maeve and I sort the house out. I wanted Lyndy to pick a room, if she felt comfortable doing so. Maeve and Lyndy really hit it off while I was in hospital. "She's so clever! Once I've given birth to the twins, she offered to give me riding lessons!" Maeve squeaked as I pushed the L-Shaped couch in front of the TV. "Yeah, she was clever before I left too. Understood everything." I grunted, wiping my hand against my forehead. Jack had started coming around too, explaining everything. Jack said he never blamed me, knowing what it was like to lose the live of your life. Tim did too, he said, but Tim also knew that alcohol ruined his family. They did it to protect her. I understood. "Plus, she offered to babysit the twins for us! She's so sweet and thoughtful, she's an Angel. You should invite her to dinner tonight. Does she like steak tacos?" Maeve asked, sitting on the couch. I shrugged, chugging a bottle of water. "Maeve, I know you love her, as do I, but I also just came back into her life! I only met her once, which resulted in this." I said, pointing to my face. Maeve waved me off with a laugh. "You'd have bet Lydny's husband if he left, as an alcoholic, right after Lyndy died and left his child for us to care for too." She claimed, which was true, but still. "Well, I hope Lyndy doesn't die the same way Amy did. And that whoever she marries doesn't have to see her lifeless and bleeding out. Then watch her go into cardiac arrest with her daughter crying as she watches her mother die." I said, recounting that night. Maeve went quite, I never opened up to her like that, not about the accident. I check the clock quickly. It was two thirty. Lyndy was due to be here any minute now. "Come on." I said. "We'd better make some lunch before Lyndy gets here. Maeve nods getting up and grinning. "What's her favourite lunch?" I roll my eyes, grinning too. "We just started talking!"

Authors Note:
Hey Everyone! So sorry for the Loooong wait, I finished my exams on Thursday and then I had to come up with an idea and yada yada yada. Anyway, I'm back!! I'll be posting as much as possible. If anyone has suggestions, or anything you want to see, comment and let me know! Thanks for reading!