Part 21 - Fight

TW: Violence & Blood
Lyndy's POV
I went to the bathroom before Nat brought over our food. I thought it would be harder, to see him in person. It wasn't though. Just as I was washing my hands, someone pounds on the door, making me jump. "Lyndy, get your ass out here right now!" Natara hisses. This, whatever it is, must be serious, otherwise she would have called me Lynx. I unlock the door quickly, seeing Nat's pale face glaring at me. "You have to get out here. Now." She says, pulling me out into the diner. I look at her, confused, as she drags me out, but as soon as I'm in the diner again, all my confusion evaporated. Everyone was surrounding something, someone was grunting, someone yelling 'Call 911!' and then people were pulling my grandpa away, out of the dinner. Instantly, I run up, pushing through the crowd to see Ty lying on the ground, beaten. I drop to my knees, feeling for a pulse. We'd been thought first aid in school since the majority of the students have a horse or two and ride regularly, but I never thought I'd need it. I felt for a pulse, which was there, but he was still unconscious. I felt Nat drop down beside me. I spun around. "Someone call 911 right fricking now!" I screamed at them, turning back to Ty. His face was already swelling and bruising. I looked at Nat, who looked scared. "I-I seen him c-come in and I-I didn't think he'd go after h-him, and I never thought he-he'd beat him up." She stumbled over her words as I looked to see if there was any excessive bleeding. I turned to her. "This isn't your fault, okay? You had nothing to do with it." I said to her, firmly. "Get these people out of here, them watching us like zoo animals isn't helping. He mightn't have much dignity here but I'm not about to shred the small bit he has." I said to her. She nodded, standing up. "Okay everyone, Maggie's is closed until further notice, everyone please leave the premises." Nat shouted over the crowd, ushering people out the door. I grabbed a bunch of napkins, spreading one out onto the floor, and putting the rest of them onto of it. "Nat, have you got any gloves?" I asked her. She nodded, running into the back. Someone cleared their throat behind me. "Um, sorry to still be in here, but Tim didn't just hit his face. I figured you'd want to tell the paramedics as much as possible. He's was hitting him everywhere. His head, his face, stomach. Everywhere." I turned to see a young girl, maybe seven or eight, looking at me. "Okay, thank you. That's really helpful, the paramedics do need to know everything. Is your mum around, or dad? Are you alone?" I ask her, checking Ty's arms and legs while Nat got me gloves. The girl shook her head. "I came in the back, I watched from outside. I have to go now anyway." She ran to the door before stopping. "I hope he gets better." She said before running out the door. "I hope so too." I muttered. "Here! The gloves." Nat called, tossing me a pair. I caught them, ramming my fingers into them and grabbing the napkins, pressing them onto the worst of the cuts. "He must of hit his head pretty hard. Probably of a stool or the counter." Nat said, sounding scared, pointing at a small pool of blood pooling under his head. I pressed another napkin against his head, just above and behind his ear. "Where are the bloody paramedics?" I hissed. "Nat, get my phone. In the bathroom. Call my GG, or Lisa or Lou. Wait, no, run out and get Georgie. Tell her to get in here. Please." I said, applying more pressure to the cut. Nat nodded, racing out the door. "Come on Ty, come on."

Georgie's POV
I was texting Quinn, asking where he was, when someone slapped against my window. Letting a small but loud shriek escape me, I turn to see it's only Natara, Lyndy's long-term best friend. I put down my window and she starts talking on rapid fire. "Woah, slow down." I say to her. "Tim came into the diner and beat up Ty, Lyndy is trying to stop the bleeding but the paramedics are taking too long." She says, panting. I swing the door open and go running in. At first, I'm hit with all the memories, but then I see Ty and those memories immediately die. I hear sirens wailing in the distance, which is a relief. "Lyndy, what the heck is happening?!" I say, dropping down beside her. She's putting pressure on these cuts on his head, but then she starts panicking. "What's wrong?" I ask. "I'm holding a bloody tissue to my not-in-the-picture father's head as he bleeds out slowly who was beaten by my grandad." She says, numbly. I nodded and leapt up. "The paramedics are here." I say, opening the door for them. "Wyatt?" I say, seeing my ex-boyfriend in paramedic gear. "Oh, Georgie, I didn't know you were in town." He says, putting some collar thing around Ty's neck. "Um, yeah, I got back a few days ago." I say, awkwardly. Wyatt and another paramedic lift Ty onto a stretcher and wheel him out, Lyndy close behind. "I'll see you around." Wyatt calls out, and I go running to catch up with them. "I'll call Jack and Lisa and tell them to meet us at the hospital." I tell Lyndy as she gets into the back of the ambulance. She nods and starts to explain what happened to Wyatt. I run to my car, Nat getting in too, and call Jack. This won't be a fun phone call.