Part 22 - Hospital... Again

Lyndy's POV
"You knew what to do?" The paramedic asked, indicating to the gloves and napkins. "I watch a lot of medical shows and take a few first aid classes in school." I explained, grinning as he nodded. "You know Ty some how?" He asked, checked Ty's pupils. I nod. "He's my father. Disappeared eleven years back. Alcohol." I say, watching as he takes Ty's blood pressure. The paramedic nodded. "I knew him at one point. And Amy. He didn't seem like the alcoholic type." He said, leaning back for the first time. "When my mom died, he lost it. Drank as much as he could find. He eventually left. Lou and Lisa raised my then." I said, and I wasn't skipping much, if any, details. It's nice to tell people the actual story, not just 'oh, he abandoned his kid' or 'he should have been there, the poor girls mother just died. A girl needs her mother, and he's not making up for it.' It was annoying for some time, people assuming he just left or got overwhelmed being a single father. The paramedic nodded. "I didn't know Amy died until a few weeks ago. I was away at college, training to be a paramedic, then getting a job as one in Boston. I only got back a few weeks ago, then Mom told me." He said, looking up at me. I shrugged. "I don't remember any of it. Any of her. Any of him. It's just not there. Georgie took off, went to Florida for show jumping. Katie avoided everyone and everything for a few weeks. Tim was on the verge of a relapse. GG was working overtime with the horses, and still was up until he had heart problems a few years ago and was bed bound for a while, working again now but not the same. Lou basically slept in her office, refused to come home. Lisa was my mom for the first two years, being strong until I went to bed. Lou started taking care of me a bit three years after the death, and by year four she was my part time mother." I say, thinking out loud now. I look up at the paramedic. "Sorry to lay all that on you, that was really stupid of me." I say quickly, mentally smacking my head into my hands and hiding. "I'm Wyatt." He said, holding out his hand. "Lyndy." I said, shaking it. He wasn't weirded out by me, that's a good thing. "Will we focus on the patient now?" I joke, making him laugh. "Yes, we probably should."

Lou's POV
I was on my laptop at the table, writing away to myself, when Grandpa's phone started to ring. "Grandpa, phone for you!" I called out into the house. I can hear him grumbling in the bathroom before the door swings open. "I'm alway in there when the blasted thing rings." He grumbles. I laugh quietly. "Hello?" He says into the phone. "Slow down, slow down." He said, which made me kinda nervous. As I was listening to his conversation, Dad walked in. "Hey Da-" I stopped, seeing his knuckles. "What did you do?" I asked, nodding my head at his hand. "We'll be right there." Grandpa said, ending the call. "Lou, car, now. And you," he pointed at Dad, "you can get out if this house right now." He growled. I stood up, confused, but went out to the car. It must be urgent to have him barking orders to get me into the car. He comes out quickly, jogging up to the car. "Grandpa, what's happening?" I ask, as we speed out if the driveway. "Ty's in hospital." He says, monotone. My mouth drops open. "He... Ty... How?" I stutter. Grandpa doesn't answer. Deep down, I know the answer, but I need confirmation. "Grandpa?" He glares ahead, watching the road. "Tim." He says simply. I let out a breath, disappointed, then mad. "Why would Dad do this?!" I say, loudly. Grandpa doesn't answer, and I know it's going to be like this the whole way to the hospital.

Nat's POV
I must be in shock or something. That's never happened before. Yeah, there's been some scraps then were broken up by me throwing cups of water at them, but nobody has ever been hospitalised. Georgie stops the car, getting out. I copy her, standing out side the car for a split second before racing into the hospital. I dodge three nurses, and a very elderly man just trying to leave the hospital, by millimetres. I run until I see Lyndy. I race up to her, skidding to a stop. "How's he?" I asked her. She was quite, staring at the door the read No Unauthorised Personal Beyond This Point. I looked at her, her face pale and her eyes wide. "Cerebral edema." She muttered. I watched her medical shows with her, but I zoned out for them. "What?" She turns to look at me. "They're worried his brain will swell overnight." She said. I stared at her, unsure of what to say. Her phone started ringing, buzzing in the back pocket of her jeans. "You should answer it, it might be Jack." I say gently. She shakes her head. "It's not my phone, it's his." She says, pulling it out and showing my the Caller ID. Maeve.