Part 25 - News!

Ty's POV:
It was four o'clock, and Lyndy still wasn't here. I wasn't worried, I wouldn't be surprised if she decided not to come since this was such a big step and all. I was on the couch, sipping on my iced coffee, when my phone rang. Lyndy, I thought. I picked it up, answering it before reading the name. "Hello?" I said, taking another sip. "Ty?" I creased my eyebrows. "Jack?" I asked. "Ty, can you tell Lyndy to come home now? She was supposed to be home for dinner. Unless she's eating with you?" He asked. I coughed on the drink of iced coffee I was having. "Lyndy isn't here. She hasn't been here all day. I assumed she decided against coming today." I said, putting my drink down. Jack sucked in a breath. "Are you sure she left?" I asked calmly. Jack stayed silent. "I mean, she could be on a ride? She just upped and left a few hours ago." He said. He sounded very worried. "I'll go and call her. Then I'll drive by, grab a horse, and go look for her, okay?" I said calmly. Jack grunted, signalling that he had said yes. I ended the call and went to change into some clean clothes. "I'm going out Babe. I'll be back in a while, Lyndy isn't at Heartland and Jack wants help looking." I called into the house. I left before getting a reply, jogging to my truck. I called Lyndy while driving. "Hey Lyndy, listen, I know today was a big step and you had all right to pull out but Jacks looking for you back at Heartland. I'm on my way over now so I'll be riding around if you need any help or anything. Yeah, call me back, or call Jack." I said. I got the feeling something wasn't right.

Lyndy's POV:
I knew the symptoms, saying them in my head as I pulled my light leather jacket around me. I was freezing, but it wasn't cold out. I was sitting on the swing Ty had made all those years ago, looking at the wild horses. I pulled the tissue down from my nose, the bright red standing out against the white. I pulled my hat farther down on my head, flicking my hair back onto my cold neck. This was the third nosebleed this week. I had fallen off Cappuccino as we approached here, my knee going from under me, making me fall off. I didn't hurt anything, my legs were just too weak to hoist myself back onto the saddle. I shook my legs, pulling my jeans up, revealing the pale bruises. I swiped the tears forming in my eyes away with my hand. It could be anything, I thought to my self. I repeated the symptoms over and over in my head. Chills, weakness, infections, weight loss, lymph nodes swelling, reoccurring nosebleeds, easy bruising. I stood up, feeling stronger in myself, before standing on a log and hoisting myself onto Cappuccino. Surely it was nothing to worry about yet, the symptoms weren't bad or persistent. Maybe it was just the flu...

Georgie's POV:
I had taken Phoenix up to the spot where Amy had thought me the basics of liberty work, practicing. I had worked hard on my liberty work over the years, even when I was jumping. "Georgie!? Georgie!?" I heard someone yelling, right as I made Phoenix rear. I sigh, clipping his halter back on. "Yeah, here." I muttered. Quinn ran up to me, rolling his eyes. "You know your not allowed to ride!" He exclaimed, pointing at Phoenix. I clicked my tongue and lead Phoenix towards the barn. "I wasn't riding Quinn, I was doing liberty work. And I have to keep Phoenix fit until after I give birth. I still want to work with horses while pregnant." I said, walking carefully over the dips in the hill. "Have you told them?" He asked, walking beside me. I sigh, shaking my head. "I was planning to, last week, but then Ty got hurt and Tim was... Tim was Tim. It just wasn't the right time." I explained. Quinn nodded, grabbing my hand and turning me to face him. "We can tell them whenever you're ready, okay?" He said softly, putting his hand on the small of my back. I nodded, looking up at him. "Thank you. We could do it tonight? At dinner, when everyone is around?" I asked, stepping closer to him. He nodded, bending down slightly. "We'll do it tonight." He whispered, pressing his lips against mine. Tonight was the night. We're going to tell my family that I was pregnant. I pulled back from Quinn, smiling at him. "Did you bring the scans?" I asked him. His face dropped. "Quinn! That was your one job!" I laughed. He laughed too, nodding his head. "Of course I brought them. Plus, we have pictures anyway." We laughed and kissed again, letting Phoenix wander a few steps away.