Part 23 - Maeve, there's been an accident...

Maeve's POV
I was sitting on the couch in our house. The old house, I'm flying out to Hudson tomorrow. I look at the many suitcases of clothes I have scattered around the room, Ty would hate it. He drove up to Hudson with the car, packed full of clothes and stuff, a few days ago. I've been shipping off more boxes and these last five are going on the plane with me. They're smallish, two big ones and three small ones. I'm watching Anatomy of a Scandal on Netflix when my phone starts buzzing, then Ty's Caller ID popped up. I answered it, holding the phone to my ear with a smile.

Maeve: Hey Ty, I'm almost ready to fly out, just sending one last box and the rest of it is going on the plane. How's that diner? Molly's? Milly's? Oh, Maggie's! That's the one! How is it? It looked really cute in the photo. Have you met Lyndy yet? How is she? Is she still as cute as she is in those pictures?
Ty: ...
Maeve: Ty? What's wrong? What's happened?
Ty: It's um... I'm not Ty. I-I'm Lyndy.
Maeve: Oh, hi! Ty's told me so much about you! I know you're probably mad at him for not going back to you when he could have, but please give him a chance, I know it's none of my business but he's a good man now.
Lyndy: Maeve... There's been an accident...
Maeve: Accident? What accident? Are you okay? Is he okay? What happened?
Lyndy: ...You should just come. As soon as you can... it's... not great."
Maeve: Is he dead? Did he die?
Lyndy: As of now, he's alive. He was just unconscious, but I stopped the bleeding as much as I could- You should really just get down here.
Maeve: What happened to him? Please Lyndy, I know you don't owe me anything, but please just tell me he's alright.
Lyndy: Just get down here, ASAP.
*Call Ends*

I hold the phone to my ear still, knowing well it's already over. The tears streak down my face as I grab my handbag and call my friend, Rita. "Hello?... Rita can you ship my bags to Hudson?... There was an accident... I don't know if he's okay... I'm going right now... okay, thank you... I'll call you with an update... thank you." I hang up the phone and run to the Taxi spot in town. "I need a ride to the airport. Right now!" I say, throwing my handbag into the car and diving in myself. I clutched my stomach as the driver sped off. "Please be okay. Please be okay." I whispered, rubbing my stomach as I whispered it. "You have to be okay, for us. For Lyndy." I muttered under my breath. This car was going to slow. It was starting to annoy me.

Lou's POV
I ran into the hospital and seen Lyndy, Georgie and Natara in the waiting room. "What is going on?" I say. Lyndy shrugs. "I got in contact with Ty after reading the letters, he was in Hudson so we met up, Tim came in and punched Ty's face in, and now Ty is in the hospital." She say, so normal it sounds rehearsed. I stare at her. "Why did you get in contact with him?" I ask gently. Lyndy looks at me. "Because everyone here grew up with at least one parent. And when one left, another came. I had nobody. I appreciate you taking me in Lou, but it's not the same as having a mother and father. Then I read the letters and I decided the Ty wasn't as bad a man as you all were making out. 'He left you right after Amy died' or 'he was an alcoholic who started getting violent' but did anyone ever consider that he left because he was an alcoholic? He left because he was afraid he'd hurt me, and he knew that you would never hurt me. When he got clean, he met someone. Maeve. She's in her way here because she's also part of his family. Should he have come back? Yeah, definitely, but he knew he'd get this beating if he did. Because you all hold resent to him because he left me, that's all you see, that he left me. And yes, he did leave me but he left me to save me. You mightn't get it, but I do, and I'm sure that's all he cares about right now." She says, looking away at the E.R doors. I can feel tears form in my eyes, but there not sad tears, there proud tears, because if this had been Amy in this situation, I know for a fact that she would think, and say, the very same thing.