Part 19 - Georgie's Home!

Lyndy's POV:
Did I read that right? "Me and Maeve are moving to Hudson." Ty Borden and Maeve whats-her-name are coming to Hudson. I closed the phone and got off my bed. It was dark out now, so I couldn't go for a ride. I paced around my room before going to my desk, looking at my cork board hanging over it. I looked at the pictures of my mom, then the pictures of me with GG after I won the Fall Finale. I looked at the picture of Cappuccino, which was taken after our first join up. I was rubbing his neck, my head resting on it, my other hand giving him a sugar cube. Beneath that picture, was one of Mom and Spartan. She mirrored my actions with Cappuccino, which GG said wasn't surprising as we were so alike when it came to our horses. I heard a knock on the door downstairs, but I didn't hear anyone answer it. I groaned and went downstairs, hopping down the steps before I came face to face with everyone. Lisa, Grandpa, GG, Lou, even Katie. She was just answering the door, letting Georgie in. "Georgie!" I exclaimed, running over to give her a hug. "Haha, hi Lyndy." She said, hugging me back. I looked up at her. "I thought you were coming home tomorrow! Where's Quinn?" I asked. I'd become rather fond of Quinn over the years, he was like a brother to me. Georgie smiled, ear to ear. "Okay, okay, so he was supposed to fly out here with me today but he got stuck at work with his jumper, Fiona, so he's flying out tomorrow as planned. I'm supposed to wait for him before I tell you all but I can't wait, so you have to promise to act surprised when we tell you tomorrow, okay?" She says. I nod frantically. Georgie was basically my sister, as was Katie, but I see Katie all the time since she was still in Hudson instead of Florida. Georgie, still beaming, holds up her hand and, sitting on her ring finger, was a beautiful, shiny diamond ring. An engagement ring. Lou and Katie squealed behind me and I gave Georgie a massive hug. "There's more to the surprise but I have to wait to tell the rest." She says. I rack my brain to think of what the surprise could be. I grab Georgie's hand and drag her up the stairs. "Back in a sec!" I shout down to the others. I swing my door closed behind us. "Lyndy, what's-" Georgie starts, but I cut her off. "I spoke to Ty. As in, I got his phone number and I've called him once and texted him." I ramble. Georgie's mouth drops and her eyes widen. "Did Jack give you his phone number?" She whispered. I shake my head. "Lisa still had it. I asked for her phone and I took his number." I whispered back. "You stole his number!" Georgie hissed. I nodded.

Georgie's POV:
Lyndy took Ty's phone number? From Lisa? Wow. "Was that wrong? I mean, should I be angry at him? Should I hate him with every ounce of my soul?" She asked, starting to pace. I shake my head. "Not at all. I never thought that he could have been a danger to you. I mean, when he... when he was drunk, I had doubts but I knew he'd sort himself out. I'm surprised he didn't come back as soon as he was sorted out. Is he... is he sorted out?" I ask, curious. Lyndy nods. "He... he's sober. Two years, I guess? Maybe three." She says, still pacing. I nod. "Did he say why he didn't come back?" I ask, sitting on my old bed. She nods. "Basically, he thought Grandpa would t let him back into Heartland. Plus, he has a family now so, there's that." She just dropped that 'new family' bomb. I stare at her. "New family?" I quiz. She nods again. "A wife, Maeve. And two kids on the way. I'm gonna have half siblings." She says, smiling slightly. "Oh yeah, he's also moving to Hudson." She adds. I jump off the bed, smiling. "Really! That's good news!" I say. Lyndy nods. "Yeah, I want to meet him. I want to see him in person. And his wife, she might be nice?" She says it like a question. I shrug. "I mean, Ty wouldn't pick an ass to be his wife. At least he wouldn't ten years ago." I said, being completely honest. Lyndy's phone buzzed before she could answer, her eyes widening as she read the name. "Ty?" I ask. She nods. "We just bought a ranch, about twenty minutes from Heartland. It's a nice little place, I figured, if it was okay with you, you could have a room there? I understand if that's overstepping boundaries, but you are welcome to a room if you would like." She reads out, smiling as she reads. "You want a room, don't you? You want to get to know your father." I say gently. She nods. "Georgie, I would love nothing more than to get to know him."