Part 33 - Telling People.

Lyndy's POV:

The whole table was looking at me. "I did not invite you all to this dinner so you scream at each other over my dead mother!" I shouted at them. Grandpa looked away, and Ty looked at his feet. "I made you all come because I have news that has completely ruined my life. And if you all would have just shut up and listened to me, you would all already know by now!" I yelled, not needing to anymore. I took a breath. "I don't know how to say it now because I had it all planned out before you two ruined it." I said, still standing. Everyone looked concerned. I glanced at Georgie and Quinn, both nodding at me. "I have cancer. Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia." I said, sitting back down. I took a drink of my juice in front of me, waiting for the reactions. Lisa, Lou and Katie all started to cry, tears welling in their eyes.  GG and Grandpa both looked at the table emotionless. Ty slammed his fist on the table, making everyone jump, before standing up and pacing around the table. I sigh. "I start treatment in two days." I say. GG looks at me. "You're not working with that horse." He says sternly. I nod. "I know, once I start chemo, I'll probably have to stop working with horses. But I'm working with Ash for as long as I can. I have tomorrow and a while on Monday, I have to help him." I say. GG shakes his head. "No, Lyndy, you can't waste your energy. You'll need all the strength you can get." I know all this, but Wilson can't help Ash is he doesn't know how. "I'm working with him GG, at least for tomorrow. I told Wilson I would." I say calmly. Lou nodded. "I know, Sweetie, but that was before you were... you got the news." She said hesitantly. I shake my head. "I knew I had it. I only went because Georgie got me an appointment. I still promised Wilson I would help for as long as I could." I said. Ty looked at me, but I avoided his eyes. "That's why I didn't come around, I had a nosebleed and panicked. Then I felt weak and couldn't get up onto Capp. I didn't think it was too much too soon." I said quietly. Katie got up from her chair and came around to hug me. I leaned into it, enjoying the comfort it provided. I knew I would need people in my corner for the next few months, I knew I would need to accept the help the were bound to offer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You stay on the fence, don't come in." I ordered Wilson. It was the next day, and I was working with Ash. I did join up once, seeing as it went so well. I tied the lead rope to the fence as I grabbed the English saddle from the gate. I put the saddle pad on first, Ash not moving as I did, so I proceeded to the saddle. "There's no problem getting the saddle on." I said out loud. Wilson shrugged. "I never reached tacking him up. He went off before I could." I buckled the saddle up, tightening it correctly. I put one foot into the stirrup, heaving myself up but not over. "Good boy." I mumbled, doing it a few more times. On the fifth try, I heaved myself up and over, sitting on the saddle. Ash just nickered, resting more weight on a different leg. I leaned forward, unclipping the lead rope. I walked him around the round pen twice, then twice in a trot. "He's a smooth mover." I call, pulling him to a stop. Wilson agreed. "Think he's ready to jump?" He asked. I nodded slowly. He ran over to the gate, opening it, the to the pen with the jumps in it. I walked Ash over to the other pen, mounting him once I was in. I trotted him around once, then kicked him into a canter. As I approached the first jump, I could feel Ash's keenness through the way he cantered. He was ready for this. I got into my jumping position and we flew over the jump. On to the next one, acing it as well. After completing the round, I asked Wilson to move the jumps up two pegs. "Are you sure?" He asked, adjusting the pegs. I nodded. I cantered around the arena once, then headed for the jumps. Ash flew over the jumps, not knocking a single pole. I smiled, dismounting him. "He's a great jumper! Those jumps weren't too high but you could tell he could go higher." I said as I walked past Wilson and into the round pen, untacking him once the gate was closed. I started joining up with him again, keeping him in a canter. "Wilson, come in here once he's on the barn side." I called, making him change direction. Wilson ran up to me, standing behind me. "Okay, take then rope. I'll keep him going until you start." I said, handing him the rope but keeping Ash going. I know this isn't how you start joining up between rider and horse, but Ash will charge if he sees Wilson. "Ready." He says from behind me, so I jog off and climb over the fence. "Keep swinging the rope, just like that." I say from behind him. I can see he nods, and I let out a breath. I was exhausted, seeing as I've been working with them for the last three hours, consistent work. "Don't let him trot, you want him to canter." I say, Wilson picking up his pace. After about ten minutes, I smiled. "Okay, you can turn around now, and walk towards me." I say softly, watching the rope swing to a stop and Wilson walking towards me. I smiled a lazy smile, closing my eyes as I heard the thud of hooves walking towards me. "Now, when he reaches you, give him a treat and rub his head and neck." I said quietly. Wilson did as I said, his face lighting up with a smile. "Now what?" He asked excitedly. I think before answering. "Now we wait for a few minutes and you do join up again." I said, watching him nod. He climbed over the fence, sitting on it. "Will it be just me working with him tomorrow?" He asked, which made me frown. I only had a few hours in the morning, which would have to be spent getting everything ready for when I got home. I shook my head. "We'll work hard today, but I can't work tomorrow. I can call you or tell you what to do, but I won't be here. Not for a good while." I say quietly. Wilson frowns. "I thought you were going to work with him? Fix him?" He said, and I nodded. "That was before I was... before I was diagnosed with cancer. I start chemo tomorrow. That's why I wont be here." I said, quietly. Wilson stayed quiet, staring at the ground. "How... How bad?" He asked. I shook my head. "It's early, I'll be a cancer outpatient." I said, swinging my feet off the fence. "Natara, from school, she's coming over in a while to help me get ready. You could stay, if you like? Once we're done, we can come back out and do more with Ash." I suggested. He shrugged. "Should you be working with him?" He asked me, a look a unsureness passing through his features. "Aside from the fact my while blood cells are mutating, I'm the exact same girl I was a week ago." I said, smiling slightly. He laughed at my joke, only slightly, but it was still a laugh. "Go and do it again." I said, smiling as he jumped off the fence and started swinging the rope around.