𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

The Clever One

VIOLETTA WILLIAMS HATED herself for what she had done

VIOLETTA WILLIAMS HATED herself for what she had done. Michelle had told her she accepted the fact that it was Violetta, and that it had always been Violetta. She regretted her decision and now she only wished Tony would come and let her make it up to him in any way possible. Little did she know her mission could come sooner than she had hoped.

Violetta lost her train of thought when a sugar cube hit her nose making Michelle and Jal to erupt with laughter. Violetta halfheartedly chuckled at them, too into her thoughts than the world going on around her.

"Can we get some concentration here, please, for a minute? I know it seems hard, right, but think about it.", Chris asked if them before continuing on about this sugar cube tower. Violetta rolled her eyes and grabbed a cube from the farthest corner away from Chris and popped it in her mouth. "This... This— Violetta, no touch!—could lead to, you know, celebrity."

Everyone around Chris chuckled excluding Sid who had also been deep in thought. Violetta just missed her friend group.

"A place in the Guinness Book of Records is hardly
celebrity.", Jal said crushing Chris's dreams of becoming a world renowned sugar cube pyramid builder. Shame, shame, oh fucking shame.

"But it is! Right, I love that book!", Chris said in defense of his plan. Violetta only chuckled eating another sugar cube causing Chris to gasp. "Violet!"

"Chris, I love you babes, but I'm hungry.", Violet replied to his scolding. He grumbled and continued to stack the sugar cubes with a sour expression.

The door opened and Violetta almost didn't glance up since his presence was so normal in her everyday life. Her eyes glanced up to find Tony's on hers. Her breath paused at his intense gaze. He always had a very good way of captivating her.

"What's this, some kind of retro LSD thing?", Tony questioned while everyone awkwardly kept quiet. It made Violetta squirm. She hated this. Secluding him.

"Oh, no. It's this homework, I was telling you about..." Chris trailed off, not helping the tense atmosphere that completely destroyed the mood. Violetta popped another cube in her mouth. "The.. biology. Dammit, Violet."

Tony's gaze fell back onto Violetta who felt his eyes burn into her.  She wiped the sugar that dusted her upper lip as she looked down. It pained her to look up at him.

"I won't be staying long. I just need Violetta and Sid for a minute.", Tony announced and Violetta glanced at Sid who looked sort of annoyed with Tony being there.

"I'm busy.", Sid deadpanned, staring at Sid's fish tank. The boy was clearly not busy. Tony had looked back to Violetta who also avoided his eyes before standing up.

"What is it then?", Violetta asked surprising nobody in the room. It was matter of time the girl would crack, why not just cut to the chase.

"Before...", Tony trailed off before stepping forward. "Come on. Let's have a go then."