𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

Times Are Tough

VIOLETTA WILLIAMS TOOK her depression medication with her head in her locker

VIOLETTA WILLIAMS TOOK her depression medication with her head in her locker. It was prohibited to have any type of medication on the premises, but she forgot to take it in the morning, so here she was, dry swallowing her pills.

When she pulled her head out, she seen Sid walking down the hall. His head was held low and eyes wide. She furrowed her eyebrows and slammed her locker shut.

Sid always acted weird, but he didn't act like a space cadet.

"Sidney!", She cheered before throwing her arm over his shoulder. He sent her a very distant smile, trying to be as polite as possible. She ignored it and pecked the boy on the cheek, linking their arms. "Bad night?"

"You could say that.", He mumbled with a uneven tone. Violetta nodded and patted the arm she held lightly. She always felt like Sid was least worried about, so she always worried about him when nobody else batted an eye.

"Let's get to class, yeah?", She quizzed as she turned the corner, along with Sid who seemed to be processing something in his head.

Whatever it was, she hoped he was ok.

VIOLETTA COULD'VE SWORN she seen Sid following her out of the classroom. She'd been talking the whole way back to her locker about class, Beth Randolph getting pregnant, and her gross medication that made her mouth have a funny taste.

When she turned around she let out a yelp when she seen a curious Tony Stonem, and not Sidney Jenkins following her. He seemed to wait for her to finish her story.

"Well, who's the father?", Tony asked regarding Beth Randolph and Violetta only closed her locker with confusion.

"So, it was you who followed me out, not Sid?", Violetta asked worriedly and he nodded with a disappointed look. He didn't know she was talking to Sid and not him. "Sorry, it's just Sid has been off today."

"You look good today," Tony complimented out of the blue. Violetta smiled up at the boy and slowly approached him, kissing his cheek. "Thank you, Vi."

Violetta's eyes widened a bit at the nickname. She forced a smile before taking Tony's hand, bringing him to the same classroom they were in before. Sid sat there alone.

"Sid?", Tony quizzed, sitting beside the boy while Violetta slowly approached him. She sat in the chair beside Sid, now having distance from Tony, although she didn't mind being near him.

"I didn't know what to do, so I came to college.", Sid deadpanned staring forward. Tony glanced over at Violetta nervously. Whatever it was Sid was worried about, Violetta wanted to hug him, and tell him it'd be ok.