A Promise To A Loved One

"Lady Zaneri I don't understand, why is lady y/n acting so strangely?" Meliodas observed y/n who was standing stock still with her eyes shut firmly.

Meliodas couldn't help but be concern for his beloved demon as he had fingers stroke her cheek gently making zaneri glare at him.

"This is the Tower of Trials."

"The Tower of Trials? Is this the one to find out if she can get her power back?"

Zaneri nodded, "Right now, she is being tested to see if her soul is worthy of receiving the power taken from her."

"Oh I see. Is is hard to restore someone's power once it's been removed?" He questioned, not looking at zaneri as he kept stroking y/n's cheek gently while he stared at her.

"Not really. The issue is what happens what after it's restored." Zaneri lifted up her hand and a golden goblet fell into it. "Meliodas, I'm giving you this as your trial."

Meliodas looked over at zaneri and sees a goblet in her hand as zaneri takes a few steps to meliodas, standing in front of him.

"A deceased flower seed has been planted in the soil. Neither water or light can make it bud now." Meliodas took the goblet from Zaneri's hand gently. "Try to make it bloom. It should be rather simple. If Druid blood flows within your veins, then you should definitely have the power to heal. If you can't even do this, then you won't be able to hold your own in battle."

Meliodas looked at zaneri and narrows his eyes with a determined expression on his face as he nodded, "I'll try my best."

He glance over at y/n and stared at her with soft eyes, 'I'll do my best for you, y/n. So i could try to protect you too."

✧༺♥༻∞🤍∞༺♥༻✧

"That Zaneri, what does she think she's doing showing me something like this?" Y/n mumbled while she walked through the market with meli.

"Hey, what's your problem? You've been acting really weird." Meli squinted at y/n.

"You know, for a hallucination you look pretty real." She said with a curious look on her.

"Huh?"

Y/n threw her gauntlets off while meli put his hands behind his head. Y/n grabbed meli chest peck from behind and squeezed them. "Feel real too. Oooowe."

Meli eyebrow twitch as a he then turn her head to y/n and flick her nose making her wince. "Don't do that in public, dummy!"  Meli huffed as he blushed.

"That hurt." Y/n wince a bit and rubbed her nose.

"You're such a moron." A squeaky voice came from above the group. "Wandle!"

Wandle flew down onto y/n's head. "Got anything shiny?"

"Stop fooling around you two, let's go home." Meli advised.

Y/n smiled, "Right."

The two laughed and walked home together, Wandle flying above them as meli hand slowly grabbed into y/n's hand, their fingers intertwine together as they smile at each other with adoration and love in their eyes.

Meli and y/n arrived at their home as they were in kitchen with y/n sitting on the chairs as she looked at meli, who began to start cooking dinner for them.

'Why are they making me see an illusion like this anyway? Don't know how they pulled it off but it really feels like I'm back.' Y/n smiled fondly while she watched meli continue cooking.

Wandle flew over to meli, "Is that dinner? Wandle's dinner!"

"Stay back, this isn't for you Wandle." Meli stuck out her tongue playfully at Wandle. Y/n laughed at the two that had meli smiled at his lover.