21

The Taehyung who stepped out of the room was a totally different one, he had thoughts about his own behavior for a long while. He still had a photo frame of him and Jennie in his closet so whenever he feels emotions taking over him, he used to stare at it to the point he feels all the pain rush in making him go numb. That kind of was self torture but it worked every single time and Taehyung didn't bother to find a better way to escape too. He knew that he was acting weak since few days and it only got him into trouble. He was not afraid of his father but that man had been Taehyung's best friend and he didnt dare to upset his father who only wants the best for his son.

Taehyung knew how to deal with everything if he keeps his emotions aside and thats what he was about to do too. He didnt have to care about a random girl whom he is using to cover up the loss that her father caused. He doesnt know anything about her and so be it, his clouded mind didn't even wanted to try anything further. He got himself all suited up for the office, taking out a file to walk downstairs to meet his secretary already waiting for him as usual. He walked to the dining table and opened the plate, ready to devour the food when another presence entered the room.

"Isn't it rude to not invite a guest for breakfast?"

Jungkook looked at the girl as his doe eyes widened more and him tracing his look to the man who didn't even show a movement. He bowed at Grace and she gave back a small smile before taking the seat opposite to Taehyung. Well, what the hell was she thinking?

"Sarah, for whom did you cook?" Taehyung asked, his eyes still on the plate in front of him.

"F-for you, master." The maid immediately replied.

"Just for me?"

"Yes, master."

"Explain it to someone who doesn't have manners." Taehyung groaned before eating his food leaving Grace humiliated.

"Miss, I am afraid that you need to g-get up."

"Taehyung, why do you have to be so rude?" Grace asked as she stood up, pushing the chair back.

"Mr. Jeon!"

"Yes, Mr. Kim." The boy was practically shaking as knows from where this was coming and to what extent it can go.

"Do I need to tell you?"

"Ms. Choi, follow me. I will get you a cab." Jungkook requested, his heart feeling heavy for being so cold.

"I can fucking manage. And you, Mr. Kim.... we will meet soon." She hissed before running out, hiding the tears which were threatening to fall.

"Eat with me, today you might not get time for lunch."

"What was that for?" Jungkook asked as he took the seat opposite to the older.

"So what about the meeting with our client? I dont want any delay in that."

Jungkook knew something had happened and the older wouldnt listen to him anymore. It happens once in a while, where Taehyung goes all serious with only business talks and it always gets hard for the younger to contemplate. His hyung knew better, he was better but then people have told him Taehyung took a flip in his character recently after some unknown incident. Even Jin hyung didn't really know what happened as Taehyung asked everyone to respect his privacy long back, he was forced to do so because it was shameful for him to tell people his girl friend cheated on him with his rival. What would that make him?

.
.
.

"Welcoming your team to work with us on this project. I don't care about the finance and time now, but it should meet all my expectations and I want it perfect."

"Sure, Mr. Kim. We will not disappoint you and will work accordingly." The client bowed at the CEO contently and left the conference room.

"You almost scared him to death, hyung. I could see his legs shaking the entire time."

"Jungkook, this is work and I want no one to mess with it." Taehyung spoke, stretching himself before arranging the paper works into a black file.

"Don't be a saddist, hyung. People can work even if you tell them patiently and that is more efficient."

"Lets just do one thing. Go and sit in my seat, Sir." Taehyung huffed at the younger who rolled his eyes.

"Can we go to the designer now? Your outfit is ready and the team is waiting for the fitting."

"Ask them to come here. I have few works and that girl, pick an outfit for her too."

"You mean your girlfriend?"

"Mr. Jeon!" Taehyung's death glare penetrated holes in the other's suited body.

"Well, bad time for joke and I will do as said so please calm down." Jungkook mumbled the last part before rushing out.

Taehyung got up and decided to have a walk around the company, its been few days since he inspected the work. If he goes with Jungkook then most of the staff would already know it and they might plan accordingly to show off their fake work. This time, he wanted to see the genuine work hoping, it wont disappoint him but like in every office, even his was a mess. Staffs out of their seats, few of them sipping on coffee and others watching random videos while munching on snacks and very few properly working to meet dead lines. He gritted his teeth as his hands balled to a fist.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING HERE?" He shouted, as he held onto a random laptop and throwing it to the other end of the room.

The staffs literally saw death right in front of their eyes and that had still be an understatement. Taehyung can really go to any extend and at the end they would feel a suicide would be a better option than breathing. The man stood there, eyes all red and nerves nearly popping out of his tanned skin, eyes sharpened like a sword. The staffs quickly rushed back to their seat and opened the laptops, pretending to be immersed in work.

"Twenty hours per day for two weeks and no salary too. Else, pay the compensation and pack up in five minutes. Is that clear to all?" He shouted, trying to control his uneven breath as everyone quickly nodded.

"And, no fucking breaks other than bathroom breaks! Submit your id to Mr. Jeon before that and collect it once you are done. Time will be recorded." He made sure everyone understood what he meant by that before leaving to his room.

He couldn't believe how relaxed his staffs can be when he is busy with all the schedules. That is not how he trained them so it should be his carelessness for few days which turned things upside down, or to be exact his softer side. The more he thought of it, the more anger he could feel boiling in him. He had to show it on someone and he exactly knew who, the one who reminded him of his terrible past.

"In an hour! One minute late, you are fucking screwed." He texted Grace and threw the phone to the table.

Things were only gonna get harder for her, only if she knew that her deal was with someone worse than the Devil, himself.