Part 6

Keeley ran into her room and slammed the door. She threw herself onto her bed and shoved her face into her pillow. Her door creaked open, and someone came inside."Go away," she yelled, her voice muffled by the pillow, "It's dad," her dad said softly as he sat down on her bed. Keeley shuffled to sit crisscrossed next to her dad, her face full of sadness."Im sorry, dad," she said apologetically."It's okay, kiddo," her dad said as he hugged her."Your mom was just worried," he said to comfort Keeley."Okay," Keeley mumbled; she wanted to ask why her mom needed to yell at her to express her worry, but Keeley didnt feel like starting an argument.

"I love you, sweetie, dont go to bed too late, okay," her dad said as he gave her a big squeeze hug and then stood up. "Okay... goodnight," Keeley grumbled as she laid back on her bed. Her dad left her room, and she heard him walk down the hall to his room. The creak of a door opening and closing, followed by talking, then muffled yelling."That was an overreaction! She's almost an adult," she heard her dad yell."Overreaction? My daughter snuck out of the house to meet some strange boy," Her mom roared back."You should trust her! Keeley is smart," her dad defended."Oh yes! Because smart girls sneak out late at night," her mom jeered sarcastically. Keeley winced at her mom's comment, pulled her earbuds off her nightstand, plugged them into her ears, and connected them to her phone. She drifted into the music, closing her eyes.'I'm going back to 505... if it's a seven-hour flight or a,'' as the music played, she nustled herself into her bed and dozed off to sleep.