Ch. Four - Part 16

Keeley blinked awake, lying in her bed tucked under her yellow and white flower-printed duvet. Once her eyes focused, she realized her phone screen was hanging in front of her face. Owen was on facetime, brushing his teeth, wearing a white t-shirt and black sweatpants. Keeley shrieked, which caused Owen to look at his phone in shock. Ann lifted the phone out of Keeley's face and started cackling. "I got her!" she guffawed as she pranced around the room, swinging the phone around. Ann stopped dancing and held the phone in front of her face. "Thank you for your help, good sir," she saluted to Owen, and he saluted in return, then chuckled. "Sorry, Keeley, she wouldn't stop begging until I did it," Owen shouted over the phone so Keeley could hear him. Keeley covered her face with the edge of her duvet and said, "All good..." which was muffled. "We'll see you at school," Ann said to Owen while waving, then hung up. Keeley uncovered her face, which was now bright red. "Ann..!" she whined as she sat up, folding her duvet to her waist. "Im sorry, but it was so easy. I couldn't help myself," Ann giggled as she sat on Keeley's bed. "You could've given me a heads-up first," Keeley said as she stood up from her bed. "Aww, but then I wouldn't have gotten your pure reaction," Ann whined. Keeley stood in front of her dresser and opened the top drawer. She pulled out a tan knit sweater, closed the drawer to open the middle one, and pulled out army green sweatpants. She pulled the sweater over her head and swapped her blue sweatpants for the green ones. "I love when it's cold. I can wear all my comfy clothes," Keeley said as she turned to face Ann "hm, I disagree. Warm weather for the win," Ann replied. She was sitting in Keeley's bed, her back against the wall. "Agree to disagree," Keeley said as she strolled over to her jewelry stand to pick out a necklace. "Ew, I hate that phrase. If people disagree on something, how do they also agree?" Ann questioned.

Keeley chuckled. "Do you want to take the bus or walk today?" Keeley asked, "Bus!" Ann exclaimed, "I am so tired from last night!" She flopped sideways, her head now on Keeley's pillow. As she said that, Keeley's dad knocked on the door. "Can I come in?" he asked through the door. "Yeah," Keeley answered, and her dad pushed the door open. "You've got about ten minutes until the bus gets here if that's how your planning on getting to school." Keeley's dad told the girls. "That's the plan," Keeley said stiffly. Her dad walked over to her and rubbed the top of her head vigorously with his hand. "My Keels really ain't a morning person, is she?" her dad chucked. Keeley swung her arms up to grab her dad's arm and pull it away from her head "Dad..!" She whined.

Once she got her dad's arm away, she picked up her hairbrush and fixed her hair. "Alrighty, well, ill leave you girls to do your thing. Don't forget to grab something for breakfast," Keeley's dad said as he walked out of Keeley's room. After Keeley finished brushing her hair, She asked Ann, "Do you like apples?" and Ann responded. "As much as the next guy," lifting herself off Keeley's bed. "Perfect, we should have apples. That's a good 'on the go' breakfast," Keeley affirmed as she picked up her backpack and began toward her bedroom door. Ann followed Keeley quickly, picking up the bag she had packed. "We'll have to stop at my house on the way," Ann stated. Keeley nodded in response. Keeley and Ann quickly strolled through the kitchen, each picking up an apple. Then they headed out the door.