Part 13

It was now 9 pm. Ann and Keeley were back in Keeley's room. Ann lay how on an air mattress while Keeley lay on her bed. "Im sorry about my mom," Keeley huffed. "Im sorry about your mom," Ann giggled as she turned on her side to face Keeley. Keeley did the same. "So, who's Owen?" Ann asked, and Keeley's eyes widened, and her face heated up. She rolled onto her back and covered her face with her hands. "A boyyy?" Ann chuckled while shimmying her shoulders up and down. Keeley merely shook her head up and down vigorously, unable to say anything. "Come on, tell me about him!" Ann persisted, "I know you want to...." Ann continued as she climbed from the air mattress onto Keeley's bed and sat crisscrossed at the end. After Ann's nagging, Keeley finally gave in. "Fine!"

Keeley snapped as she jolted up into an upright position. "He's this really nice guy I've known since middle school..." she mumbled, redirecting her eyes from Ann, whose face was excitedly lit. "And he works at the store down the street..." she continued, her sentence losing volume as she spoke. Ann squealed, causing Keeley to jump slightly. "Oh.My.God! So would he be there right now?!" she begged the question to Keeley. "I think he gets off at 10... that when he did the other night...." Keeley mumbled. Ann squealed again, "You were with him when he got off?! Keeley! That's like the stuff you do when you're a couple! That's so cute!!" Ann jumped up from Keeley's bed and checked her phone. "It's 9:40 right now! Come on!" she announced as she grabbed Keeley's arm. Keeley practically froze and allowed Ann to drag her around. Ann glanced over the room, thinking about how they should leave. "Window!" she said as she jolted towards the window and shifted it open. Keeley was nervous, she had snuck out before, but something about this time felt different. She wasn't sneaking out to escape her brother or to get a late-night snack. She was sneaking out for a reason she would've never been so bold as to commit before she met Ann. Keeley was nervous, but she also felt a rush of adrenaline throughout her whole body. She wasn't sneaking out for a Keeley reason, she was sneaking out for a teenage girl's reason, she was sneaking out to see a boy.