Mend

Chapter Fifteen: Mend

mend: to heal; to improve; to make better

~*~

That evening Baekhyun called Yonghwa and set up a date and place to meet. Fortunately Baekhyun wouldn't have to wait too long.

Baekhyun requested his father drop him off at the restaurant after his check-up at the doctor's. Baekhyun had to admit he wasn't nervous meeting Yonghwa until he stepped out the car and his dad drove off. He took the time to watch his father disappear down the street before facing the front doors.

With a sharp exhale, Baekhyun wiped his hands on his jeans before stepping inside the restaurant. Baekhyun sped to the table Yonghwa was sitting at, ignoring the waiter that greeted him. It wasn't intentional, Baekhyun was too preoccupied forming the words in his head that he only realized he left the waiter hanging after sitting down.

Yonghwa waved at the waiter to indicate that Baekhyun was the one he had been waiting for. Yonghwa tried not to stare at Baekhyun's arm, but it was inevitable. He commented, "I see that it's healed now."

Flustered, Baekhyun furrowed his brows before understanding what Yonghwa was referring to. "Oh, you probably heard about that. Yeah, I got assaulted while I was walking home."

"Walking? Don't you usually ride your bike?"

"It got stolen before that happened."

"I'm sorry to hear that." Yonghwa cleared his throat, hands folded across the table, "Now, what did you want to talk about?"

"My brother," Baekhyun answered. "You know he didn't do it. Why aren't you saying anything? He's your best friend." Baekhyun's eyes bored into Yonghwa's. It had been about four months. If it weren't for Jongdeok's story, Baekhyun would have sworn it was Yonghwa even if it the accusation hurt him. What kind of best friend was Yonghwa to remain silent for so long?

Yonghwa chewed his lower lip, remembering back to Baekbeom's words. "He said he would handle everything. I trusted him to do so. I-I didn't expect it to come like to this."

"He was betrayed by someone, Yonghwa," Baekhyun insisted. "Do you have any ideas who?"

"They're monsters," Yonghwa said quietly. He sat back in his seat, "Using you against Baekbeom. I don't know who would do that. After meeting-" Yonghwa cleared his throat, unsure if Baekhyun knew about Bohye.

"Meeting who?"

Yonghwa carefully asked, "Do you know Lee Bohye?" At Baekhyun's nod, Yonghwa continued, "Well, after meeting her, Baekbeom secluded himself. His calls and visits became less frequent. He almost stopped coming to the parties."

Yonghwa sighed disheartedly. As much as he didn't like to admit the truth, his relationship with Baekbeom seemed to deteriorate after Baekbeom met Bohye. Yonghwa didn't mind at first since he had plenty of other friends, but after awhile the absence of his best friend began to bother him. Honestly, they had a rocky relationship after Seohwa began hitting on Baekbeom. It slightly escalated when Jongdeok came into the picture and then Bohye tore him away.

"Then why did he go to the last one?"

"Bohye convinced him."

The two ceased their conversation when the waiter came over and handed them a tea kettle and two small cups for the tea. Baekhyun had to remember that Yonghwa was addicted to tea like he was to cleanliness.

Yonghwa offered the tea to Baekhyun, but the younger male shook his head. Pouring a cup for himself, Yonghwa said, "I can't think of anyone who would do it, Baekhyun. It's like searching a needle in the haystack."