Weakness

Chapter Six: Weakness

weakness: a personal defect or failing

~*~

Cute -- the first word that popped into Jongdae's mind when he was formally introduced to Kwon Yoonmi. She had a shy smile that reached up to her eyes. Her brown hair was cropped short to her shoulders, her bangs held up by a hair clip. Baekhyun made the two sit together at a vacant table before taking off. Awkward -- the second word that popped into Jongdae's mind. The boy felt too shy and nervous to start the conversation and the girl felt the same. Since he figured he was the guy, he should say something, so he said the first thing that he could think of, "Did you eat lunch yet?"

Yoonmi nodded, "Did you?"

"Uhh... actually I didn't. I wasn't hungry today so I decided to skip."

She frowned, "It wasn't because of me, was it?"

The brunet gave a serious nod, "It is your fault. I was too excited to meet you. Don't worry, I'm not disappointed." He grinned to show he was joking. Yoonmi understood and laughed -- sweet and soft.

---

"Who is she?" Kyungsoo whispered to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun simply smiled, "Jongdae's future girlfriend. Hopefully."

Chanyeol pursed his lips, "Was this his request?" He doubted it was as simple as that, considering Baekhyun and Jongdae had two sleepovers just last weekend. He glanced at Baekhyun, "What have you and Jongdae been up to for the past couple of days?"

"Why are you asking me about that?" Baekhyun responded with a blank face. With a smile he batted his eyelashes and clasped his hands together under his chin, "Are you jealous, Yeollie? You feel intimidated by big bad Kim Jongdae?"

"No," Chanyeol grinned, "not anymore since he has Yoonmi." For some odd reason, his best friend's statement sent a small prick to his heart; it was jealousy. He glanced over at Jongdae, "Do you think he needs help?"

Kyungsoo was the only one who laughed at Chanyeol's comment. After calming down he said, "You should, Chanyeol. Help him set up a date because I'm sure he will end up thinking something lame.

Baekhyun nodded in silence, diverting his eyes away from Jongdae and Yoonmi. Half of him hoped the two would click and Jongdae would no longer need his assistance. The other half wasn't sure what to think. He actually liked having Jongdae around. Hanging out with old friends got tiresome.

His eyes landed on the empty space where Joonmyun was supposed to sit. The third year didn't show up to school, which Baekhyun found odd. Joonmyun always made an effort to attend school. More than once, he was forced to go home. Baekhyun began to think it was Joonmyun's parents who forced him to come to school, but his parents weren't like that, at least not from what Baekhyun saw. The raven-haired high schooler sighed and rested his head over his arms that were folded over the surface of the lunch table. He was tired. He wanted to see Baekbeom.

"Are you okay, Baekhyun?" Chanyeol's deep voice asked as a hand gently touched Baekhyun's shoulder.

His eyes closed, Baekhyun replied, "Don't touch me, Chanyeol. You used the same hand to hold that thing, don't touch me with it."

A dark expression crossed the tall brunet's face. Sitting across from him, Kyungsoo noticed, but before he could stop Chanyeol from saying whatever he planned to, Chanyeol snapped at Baekhyun, "Why are you being like this?!"

Startled, Baekhyun slowly sat up, facing Chanyeol with a puzzled expression, "Like what?"

Chanyeol released an exasperated sigh, "Jaehwa. Why are you always bitching about her? What did my girlfriend ever do to you?"