Reconcile

Chapter Twenty: Reconcile

reconcile: to resolve; to reestablish a relationship; to bring oneself to accept

~*~

"Okay, since you're not picking up the phone I guess I'm just going to leave you a long-ass voicemail. I'd rather do that than text or email cause I need you to hear my voice. I kind of heard what happened from Jaehwa but I really need to hear your side as well. I'm sorry for hitting you but you were being aggressive and I was afraid you'd hurt her. I know you're not the type to get physical, which is why you scared the shit out of me when you approached her.

"I don't want things to go sour between us, Baek. You're my best friend. Just please... please call me back. Let's talk face-to-face okay? Please Baekhyun, we've had problems before but we resolved them quickly didn't we? Even when I--"

Beep. "To replay this message, press-- Message saved. Next message."

"Damn it, I accidentally pressed something. Where was I? Umm... we always make up in the end which is why we're still friends. Even when I got upset over you not telling me about Jongdae, after we talked everything was cool. We went back to normal. I know you probably want to say a shit ton to me... I'm willing to listen but you have to let me in. Communication requires both of us to participate, you know."

"To replay this--"

"Of course I know," Baekhyun muttered under his breath.

---

Baekhyun handed the box up to Chanyeol wordlessly. Had Baekhyun known Chanyeol would be assisting Joonmyun he would have stayed home. Baekhyun turned on his heels and retreated to the garage for another box. Why was he even helping Joonmyun? Baekhyun paused as Jongdae came up and helped lift one of the larger boxes with him.

Because this lovely shit convinced me.

After the truck was filled with all of Joonmyun's belongings, Baekhyun and Jongdae found themselves in charge of distributing water to everyone. Baekhyun pushed Jongdae in Chanyeol's direction so he wouldn't have to face Chanyeol. Baekhyun ended with Joonmyun, slapping the bottle into the older male's hand.

"I'm going to miss you, little child," Joonmyun threw his arms around Baekhyun in a suffocating hug. "I'm not going to be here to help you with tutoring or driving. I still remember when you were this pudgy little child because we kept feeding you. Then you got so scrawny and now you're... you."

"I'm going to miss you too," Baekhyun said into the hug, not sure if Joonmyun could hear him. He pushed against his friend's chest with a groan. "You're embarrassing me, stop it."

Joonmyun finally let him go and basically went around telling everyone how he was going to miss them even if they were going to attend the same university. Baekhyun joined Jongdae's side, "Can we go now? You promised me cheesecake."

"That I did," Jongdae ruffled Baekhyun's hair, knowing that Baekhyun disliked it and would probably scold him. Jongdae felt Baekhyun's shoulders go rigid seconds before Baekhyun ducked away and flattened his hair down, a frown on his face. In the months that Jongdae and Baekhyun became acquaintances and later friends and lovers, it wasn't hard to know what irritated Baekhyun.

Any form of touching that Baekhyun didn't administer first or expect, beating around the bush, sharing food, sweating, the heat, people. But Baekhyun didn't seem to mind too much when Jongdae gave him quick pecks and sudden hugs or sharing some food. Baekhyun also hated sudden plans which is one of the reasons Jongdae let Baekhyun decide if they should go out or visit each other. Once in awhile Jongdae had to bribe Baekhyun out the house, hence the reason Jongdae promised a date with cheesecake.