Proximity

Chapter Three: Proximity

proximity: nearness in place, time, relation

~*~

Being in a stranger's house, Baekhyun was the first to wake at the crack of dawn. Exhausted, aching, grumpy -- he stumbled into the bathroom attempting his best to remain quiet to allow the other two their sleep.

He looked into his reflection and forced a smile. He only ended up grimacing at the ugliness of his fake rectangle of a smile. Baekbeom would be so very disappointed. He began washing up alone in the peaceful calm of the home. By the time he was done and prepped, the other two were still knocked out.

He stood beside Jongdae's bed and peered down at the younger male who tightly hugged onto a body pillow. With pursed lips, Baekhyun glanced down at his customer who was off in the dream wasteland.

Wake up soon.

As if the sleeping beauty heard his thoughts, Jongdae's eyelids slowly fluttered open. The older male quickly pretended as if he was just passing by, hoping Jongdae was too drowsy to notice the little details. Baekhyun offered a smile as Jongdae sat upright, "Good morning Jongdae. I didn't wake you did I?"

"No, of course not," the younger male responded with a tired yawn. He stretched his arm to the heavens before hopping off the bed and retreating to the bathroom. The raven-haired male sighed in relief as he retrieved his phone and began fiddling with it.

Not much bonding happened since I've been here. What a waste of time.

A loud thud jolted Baekhyun back to reality as Kyungsoo rolled off the futon. With a painful groan, the red-haired male slowly got up. Baekhyun smiled at his friend, "Nice way to wake up."

"Shut your mouth," Kyungsoo said as he joined Jongdae in the bathroom, leaving Baekhyun alone.

The sun slowly began to fill Jongdae's room by the time Baekhyun received a text from Chanyeol, asking him to come along on a double date. He insisted he had found the perfect girl for Baekhyun and they were going to get along the second they met. With a roll of his eyes, Baekhyun declined the offer, saying he already had his own schedule, but Chanyeol wouldn't give up.

In the end, Baekhyun turned to the brunet who had just emerged from the bathroom. When Jongdae caught Baekhyun's eyes, Baekhyun said, "I hate to ask you of this, but can you be my date for today?"

"Wh-What? Why?"

"Chanyeol's trying to set me up with some girl and I'm not interested. Then he said he didn't care who I went with as long as I went."

"Went where?" Jongdae asked. He quickly shook his head, "I mean go where?"

"Chanyeol's taking that bitch on a date and wants me to tag along. Won't you come along, Jongdae? You ruined our bonding time last night," Baekhyun flashed a smile.

Jongdae frowned, pointing behind him, "What about-"

"Guys!" Kyungsoo burst out the bathroom with a frantic look in his eyes. His mouth was wide open as he looked back down at the phone in his hand, "I have to go! I'm so sorry!" The youngest of the trio hastily packed his belongings, "I'm so sorry!"

"What happened?" Baekhyun finally asked.

"My brother! He just got a girlfriend and they're coming over for breakfast and the whole day. I just have to meet this girl," Kyungsoo said before bolting out the door.

The Well and his customer sighed, shoulders slumped.

"And here I thought something bad happened," Jongdae muttered.