The Truth

After Y/N stops crying, Lizzie takes him back to his room. He lays on the bed and pats the bed. Lizzie sits on it and he puts his head on her lap as she plays with his hair to calm him since his breathing is still ragged. His phone rings with the name Tom so he answers.

"Hey man."

"Hey Tom."

"I wanted to check how you are doing. I tried to find you during the party after you said everything was spinning but you were gone."

"I'm okay, Ms. Olsen and Ms. Johansson found me and took me back to campus safely."

"That's good mate."

"Do you know how alcohol got in my system? I only remember drinking coke."

"Hailee said she saw Vanessa pour vodka in your cup."

"That explains it. Thanks for checking on me man."

"No problem dude. See ya."

"Yeah see ya."

Tom hangs up and Y/N puts his phone on the beside locker. He relaxes into Lizzie feeling safe and loved for once in his life. 

"Ms. Olsen?"

"Yes Y/N?"

"What's your name?"

She looks down at him as he looks up at her.

"Elizabeth but all my friends call me Lizzie."

"That's a nice name."

"Thank you Y/N."

He smiles before closing his eyes as she massages his temples.

"That feels nice."

"I use to get headaches after crying, my mom did this to me."

"I never cried in front of someone before only you."

"Why's that?"

"I'll tell you one day, maybe when I'm not exhausted."

"Okay only when you are ready."

Y/N slowly starts drifting off to sleep feeling at peace, like he is floating on a cloud. 

"Get some rest."

"Thanks mom," he responds half asleep.

Lizzie smiles and leans down kissing his head. She opens her phone and messages her husband Robbie telling him what Y/N just said. 

Robbie had came to campus one day to see her when he met Y/N in the classroom. The two hit it off and from that day Y/N became like a son to Robbie and Lizzie which meant a lot to them considering they can't have kids of their own. 

As Y/N sleeps, Scarlett messages Lizzie asking her where she is when she tells her she is in Y/N's room with him. Scarlett walks in and sees Lizzie on the bed with Y/N's head in her lap as he sleeps.

"Why are you in bed with a student?"

"It's not like that Scar. He doesn't see me that way and I don't see him that way. I found him running through the halls crying so I comforted him then took him back here."

"Oh god. I screw up Lizzie."

"What do you mean?"

And so Scarlett tells Lizzie everything that happened from when she brought Y/N back to his room till he ran out of the room.

"I'm sorry you said what?"

"I know it was wrong and I shouldn't have said it but I was mad that he was lying to me about not drinking when it was in his system."

"He wasn't lying."

"How would you know?"

"Tom Holland, you know the guy doing English, Psychology and Conflict Studies?"

"The one Robert sees as a son?"

"Yeah. Well he called Y/N to check on him and Hailee, the girl who is amazing at singing and Jeremy sees as his daughter saw Vanessa putting vodka into Y/N's drink throughout the night."

"So he wasn't lying."

"Nope."

"And everything I said...."

"Was for no reason and hurt him really bad? Yup."

Scarlett sighs as she sits the foot of the bed running her hands down her face as she looks at the sleeping form of Y/N.

"He's smiling in his sleep."

Lizzie looks down and sure enough he has a big smile on his face.

"He seems comfortable around you."

"He is, he always comes to show me his homework and all his notes. He comes to me for most things except guy stuff, he asks to call Robbie for that."

"He makes you feel like a mom doesn't he?"

"Yeah, he called me mom before falling asleep."

Lizzie tears up with happiness and Scarlett smiles crawling up the bed to hug her best friend.

"I know that must mean a lot to you considering you know."

"It does. Like you said, his files only say that his parent don't want him and that he acts out a lot which isn't the case for me or Jeremy or Robert."

"Just me and Chris."

"Well you haven't exactly been the best to him have you?"

"No I haven't."

"And well Chris is kind of a douche."

(No hate to Chris Evans, just making him a dick for the plot)

"I don't think he is."

"That's because he wants to get in your pants."

Scarlett and Lizzie laugh but stop when Y/N moves. Y/N rubs his eyes and sits up looking at Lizzie not noticing Scarlett.

"I'm sorry did we wake you?"

"We?"

He turns around seeing Scarlett and quickly moves away from her standing up. 

"Y/N, please."

"I don't want you in my room."

"Let me talk to you please."

"No, mom make her leave."

They both look in his direction but he doesn't realise what he said.

"Scarlett, go."

"But Lizzie-"

"I'll handle it."

Scarlett sighs and gets off his bed leaving the room. Y/N rushes back to Lizzie snuggling up to her again.

"Thanks mom."

"You're welcome sweetie."

Y/N gets up turning on his game console before sitting beside Lizzie.

"Are you going to keep calling me that?"

"Calling you what?"

"Mom."

Realisation hits Y/N like Natasha hit the bottom of Vormir. 

(I ain't even sorry because it was going to be like the bullet hit Lizzie in Perfect...... and I still wouldn't have been sorry)

"I-I-didn't-I-"

"Y/N it's okay. If you see me as a mom I'm okay with that."

"You are?"

"Yes, Robbie and I see you as our son."

"You do?"

"Yeah we do. Just stick to Ms. Olsen around the others, I don't want everyone knowing I have a favourite."

Y/N laughs and hugs Lizzie which she returns. Y/N spends the rest of the day teaching Lizzie how to play some games on his PlayStation as they both laugh.