Not Over Yet

The others look at Scarlett confused after she randomly sits up and looks at Y/N saying his name. Lizzie walks over to her best friend.

"He's gone Scar, he can't hear you."

Scarlett looks at Y/N, looking for any sign that he is still there, that they still have a chance to start something. 

"I thought I heard his heartbeat."

She puts her head against his chest but hears nothing making her tear up. Lizzie helps her up before rubbing Y/N's hand.

"Goodbye sweetie."

Just as she moves her hand, his finger twitches against her hand. She looks at him.

"Y/N?"

His finger twitches again. She puts her head on his chest, nothing. She sighs before the rhythm of his heart beating reaches her ear. 

"Someone get a nurse!"

The others, not knowing what is happening decide to call in the nurse who walks in looking at them. 

"He's alive."

"That's not possible, he's dead. We turned off the machine, he flatlined."

Two of his fingers now twitch into Lizzie's hand.

"His hand is twitching. Just turn on the heart monitor machine."

The nurse sighs but carries out the request regardless of thinking it's false hope. She attaches some wires to him, nothing.

"See, he's-"

The familiar beep of the heart monitor reaches all of their ears as they walk over to Lizzie and Scarlett.

"T-that's not possible."

"Our boy is pretty good at beating the impossible."

Lizzie and Robbie smile at each other when the nurse calls in some doctors as they check his vitals. 

"He's stable. Y/N can you hear us?"

Two fingers hit Lizzie's hand.

"His fingers twitched."

"Can you move anything else? Once for yes twice for no."

His fingers hit her hand twice.

"He might regain consciousness over time but for now he's lucky to be alive."

The doctors and nurses leave the room as the others stand around. 

"How is he alive? He flatlined."

"No idea. One minute he's gone then Scarlett kissed him and-"

Lizzie cuts herself off turning to look at Scarlett who looks at her confused before she looks at Y/N.

"Did you just come back cause she kissed you?"

His finger twitches once making her chuckle as she shakes her head. 

"Of course you did."

She moves his hair from his face kissing his forehead. 

"Don't scare us like that again."

"I'm so kicking his ass when he regains consciousness."

They all laugh at Florence before they watch one of his fingers reach around Lizzie's while the other reaches away. They look down seeing Scarlett's hand just out of reach. 

Scarlett moves her hand closer and his finger reaches around hers, holding both Lizzie and Scarlett's fingers. 

"Always a mama's boy."