PROLOGUE

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

September meant new beginnings — or so it has ever since Rory March received her very first Hogwarts letter. It meant that for a better of a year she got to stay at school instead of at the children's home and any time away from there was welcome. The home wasn't necessarily a bad place but it was crowded and Miss Moore could make your life a living hell if she wanted to. But yet, compared to some of the families the sisters have stayed over the years, the home was like a palace and the people working there were saints. More or less so.

Being at school was almost like being on a holiday. You got to be with your friends, do the things you like — if you were like Rory who enjoyed school and learning — and just not worry about the cold and unfair world outside the school's walls.

Rory was sat in one of the compartments of the Hogwarts Express. She was about to start her third year which was exciting but not as nerve wracking as it had been the first time she sat in this place.

"I heard that Harry Potter is starting school this year," Via said, her cheek resting against the chilly train window.

"Wasn't he the kid who, well, you know..." Lara stumbled over her words.

She nor her sister grew up in the wizarding world so they weren't as aware of certain things as the other students, but even they have heard of a boy named Harry Potter. He was considered to be a great wizard but hasn't even started his magical training. Because of him, the world where magic happens and hippogriffs live, was safe from a dark wizard who shall not be named. Or so people say.

Via nodded her head as she turned to look at her sisters.

"Let's just hope his arrival doesn't cause any trouble," she said.

Rory rolled her eyes at her little sister. "Like you don't cause trouble?"

"I never said that," smirked Via.

The compartment door opened, revealing the eldest March sister. She had a sour look on her face and sat down in silence. Her sisters looked at her, wondering who or what had made their eldest sister look like a pouting toddler.

Lara cleared her throat. "What happened, Effy?"

"I just met the most obnoxious child," mumbled Effy.

"How did that happen?" Rory asked.

"His parents raised him wrong, I don't know..." Effy rolled her eyes. "Anyways, he was boasting about the most ridiculous things."

Via grinned. "Did you catch his name?"

"Well you'll never guess. He's Caleb's half-brother, Blaise," said Effy, resting her head on Lara's shoulder. "You know, I have never met the kid. Not until now. Caleb never talks about him — they aren't that close."