30. healer tonks

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

healer tonks

For the next few weeks Rory was walking on clouds. She saw Hermione every chance she got and was actually acting and living like a teenager does. Effy was relieved to see at least one of her little sisters looking much happier and healthier despite their homelife. Miss Moore was still as mad as a dog and it was for the best interest of everyone to avoid her.

The children at Raffedy's still scrubbed toilets and the kitchen, were fed poorly and barely got any time to themselves as Miss Moore came up with the most ridiculous chores whenever anyone did as much as sat. But one morning the March sisters snuck out before the first alarm to avoid Miss Moore and her rage although they knew they were going to get an earful once coming back. 

In plain sight in London, Lara March spent most of her days at St. Mungos Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. She had started her little internship some weeks ago and was already doing a very fine job. Many thought she was a natural which brought her a sense of satisfaction and importance since so far she hasn't done anything great in her life.

"I just have to run to St. Mungos for a few things and then I'm free," Lara told her sisters when they jumped off the underground. She and her sisters were planning on spending the afternoon together in London before going their separate ways.

Lara led them to St. Mungos, which, much like any other Wizarding World related place, was out there for everyone to see, but still no muggle could see the truth behind the magical veil of deception. The ground floor of the hospital seemed to work as a reception and a waiting room. They were greeted by a Welcome Witch who was less than welcoming with her bored and tired expression.

Via didn't like hospitals — she never has. Back when she was around seven years old, she broke her arm when going down a fly of stairs. They had lived with Mr and Mrs Belton for two short months and Mr Belton had grown angry and pushed little Via down the stairs.

The memory of the pain was now vivid in Via's mind and body when she was standing in the waiting area.

"I will be back in a sec," Lara said and quickly ran down the hall to do whatever it was she had to do.

"I hate hospitals..." mumbled Via.

Effy turned to her youngest sister and reassuringly squished her shoulder. "We won't be here for long. It's not like before, Via."

"Yeah," sighed the youngest.

They sat down on some rickety wooden chairs that covered one side of the waiting room. Rory picked a magazine from her chair before sitting on it. The magazine was outdated and in poor condition — just like the hospital's waiting area. The fluorescent lights gave the whole place a horrible look but it wasn't as horrible as some of the patients sitting on the wooden chairs with some plants growing from their hands or something equally crazy.