2. apocalypse

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

apocalypse

Rory basically skipped around, barely containing her excitement. The whole Fernandez family and their guests were heading towards the arena where they were going to meet the Weasleys. Olive's parents were familiar with Mr Weasley due Mr Fernandez's work in the ministry.

The arena was huge and packed with people. You could barely hear your own thoughts. Just rows and rows of people cheering and waving flags to show which team they were supporting. What amazed Rory about events like this one was how people with so many different opinions, backgrounds and lives still managed to live in somewhat peace with each other ― the only thing connecting them was the game they were witnessing.

They ascended the steps up to the Minister's box where they could find Cornelius Fudge, the Minister of Magic. Rory, Via nor Lara have never met the man unlike Effy who has met him once before. The Minister was a portly little man with rumpled grey hair. In Rory's opinion, he didn't look like a minister. Fudge was in a conversation with someone else although the conversation looked more like a round of charade as it seemed that the minister and the man he was talking to did not share a language.

"That looks intense," Rory muttered to Lara who stifled her laughter just in case.

"We should go to our places," said Lara, taking her sister's hand.

They sat down, Olive by their side while her parents were still standing up and talking with people from work. Rory was looking around, clearly trying to see if Hermione was anywhere near. She couldn't see Hermione yet but did notice Caleb Zabini.

"I spy with my little eyes Caleb," grimaced Rory and nudged Effy's shoulder.

The younger sisters liked teasing their oldest sister and especially enjoyed making fun of Caleb. There was actually nothing wrong with Caleb Zabini ― other than his last name. He was quite the gentleman and also cared for Lara, Rory and Via. Whenever he wants to take Effy out for a date or just spend time with her, he makes sure her little sisters are fine with her absence.

"Isn't he going to sit with us?" Via asked — she's taken quite the liking in Caleb over the years.

"He's with Blaise, actually," confessed Effy. "He's trying to mend his relationship with his little brother. Apparently we inspired him to do so."

Via rolled her eyes, mumbling. "But his brother is Blaise..."

"This is my daughter Olive," Mrs Fernandez interrupted and placed a gentle hand on her daughter's shoulder, introducing the girl to Minister Fudge. "And these four young ladies are her friends. Effy, Lara, Rory and Via March."