33. way down we go

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

way down we go

If there was anything the March sisters were grateful for, it was the beginning of a school year but this year was different. Rory and Lara were entering their last year and will soon leave Via by herself which was not something they were looking forward to. The aftermath of last year was still a challenging one and Lara wasn't sure how she will handle being back at school, the very place where her boyfriend had been killed.

And while Rory, Lara and Via were glad to go back to school — although a bit frightened and nervous to see what the year had in store for them — they hated leaving Effy behind.

Lara's internship at St. Mungos had come to an end earlier the week but Andromeda Tonks had promised that whenever Lara needs or wants a job, she's always welcomed at St. Mungos. The news had been relieving to say the least — Lara has wondered what to do once she graduates and now it seemed that working at St. Mungos was going to be part of her future.

Rory's relationship with Hermione was flourishing. She felt so comfortable around Hermione and could tell her everything. The only thing shadowing Rory's life at the moment was Voldemort's return and of course Miss Moore although Rory didn't care about her. Sirius Black's interest towards her and her sisters, and especially Effy, was a bit concerning. Rory trusted Sirius — he was a friend of Hermione's and so on — but she didn't like the idea of Effy being part of the Order.

The oldest March sister however wasn't interested in joining the Order. She knew some people thought she ought to even consider joining but she didn't like the idea. She thought it was too much and she didn't have the energy to deal with yet another mess.

Via's situation with Finn Attway has evolved. Her sisters didn't like the idea at first but once they noticed how kind and nice Finn was towards their youngest sister, and how happy he made her, they had no choice but to give the relationship their blessing.

The sisters could have sworn people were staring at them, and no wonder. Rory had informed everyone of You-know-who's return, Lara's boyfriend had died, students of Hogwarts knew that Via was now actively seeing the one and only Finn Attway, and Effy was limping with a black eye and a swollen lip as they walked across Platform Nine and Three Quarters.

Last night had been a bad one and Effy's current state of appearance was proof of just how bad and violent the night had been like. Miss Moore had lost it for good and nearly took out her poor mood on Rory but Effy had put herself on the line of fire for her little sister.

"People are staring," mumbled Via who was glued to Lara's side.

"I think they are always going to stare from now on," said Lara.