23. calm before the storm

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

calm before the storm

Rory had indeed been stunned and when Hermione found her, Dumbledore and Professor Snape by her side, the Gryffindor had been distraught by the state of her dear friend. Soon after Rory's discovery, she was brought to the infirmary ― Madam Pomfrey had been in shock when she saw yet another March sister unconscious.

Luckily Rory woke up just hours after being stunned but spent the night under the watchful eye of Madam Pomfrey who wanted to make sure she was alright. The next morning Rory got several visitors and one of them was Headmaster Dumbledore who wanted ― no, who needed ― to hear what Mr Crouch had told her.

Rory told him all about Mr Crouch's strange behaviour and echoed his disoriented words of Harry Potter but left out one thing. She didn't know how but she was sure that the last words Mr Crouch had said to her had something to do with her.

He is at fault.

Sounded awfully a lot like an accusation and while Rory wasn't sure who this He was, they had been talking about Dumbledore just before. But whatever it was, Rory didn't want to give it too much thought since she still has one more task to finish.

Weeks went by and Rory started to feel like herself again. She forgot all about Dumbledore as she realised that whatever he was hiding or wasn't hiding, it wasn't going to change her current situation. When she wasn't spending her time with her sisters and Olive, learning and practising for the last task, she was with Hermione.

Ever since their little talk in the Dark Forest Rory and Hermione's friendship has blossomed into a situationship. They were both aware of their feelings but also of their responsibilities ― how Rory had a tournament to finish.

While they had things to worry about, they still managed to find time for each other. Either they studied together in the library, stealing glances or walking around the school together. Rory was quite surprised how easy she felt now that she had confessed her feelings to Hermione. They weren't a couple or anything but just two friends who share deep feelings towards one another ― it was good enough for them, for now at least.

Maybe one day — hopefully in the near future — they could move to a next level.

"I'm starting to perfect the stunning spell, ironically," said Rory.

She had met Hermione for a walk between classes to catch up with the latest events in their lives.

"Thank god! I talked with Lara and Via yesterday and she was worried, although you are a very skilled witch," Hermione grinned.