36. love is in the air

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

love is in the air

Rory and Lara's little meltdown regarding Umbridge's detention the previous week caused them some trouble. Umbridge had commanded the two and Via to meet her in her office. Umbridge's office looked as if a pink tornado full of lacy covers, vases with dried flowers and a wall full of ornamental plates had invaded the room.

They sat down across from Umbridge who was stirring a spoon in her little tea cup. She didn't even look at them, she didn't acknowledge their presence. Via glanced at her older sisters who looked at her with equally confused expressions. Other than having DADA with Umbridge and Via's detention that one time, the sisters were not familiar with the woman.

"Ummm you asked us here," Lara said, clearing her throat in the process. "Did you have something you wanted to talk to us about?"

Umbridge picked up the small spoon and dropped it on the saute next to her tea. She lifted her gaze to meet the three blue eyed girls — she narrowed her eyes, observing each. People usually did that when meeting the March sisters. It was as if they were interesting.

The professor stayed quiet, not making a sound. She was silently judging the girls, wondering what to do with them. While Umbridge didn't look like Miss Moore, she surely had the same evil aura around her.

"Professor?" Asked Rory, trying to keep her patience under control but being stared at by Umbridge was not helping.

"The March sisters," started Umbridge, her voice high and loud. "I have heard so much about you."

None of the sisters said anything.

"Now of course I have met you in class and I must say, you all are smart young ladies. Even you, Via March," said Umbridge and glanced at Via, referring to the time when she had detention. "So I don't understand why you spend your time with people like Mr Potter and his friends. I can only assume that your little meltdown you had regarding my methods was their influence's fault."

Rory nearly scoffed — she couldn't believe what she was hearing. There was not a chance in hell that she would ever agree with Umbridge. Her dislike towards the professor had nothing to do with her friendship with Harry and the others.

"With all due respect, professor, I can't agree. There's nothing wrong with Potter or his friends," Rory said, keeping her emotions in check.

With her lips pressed into a thin line, Umbridge straightened her back. "Well, it is unfair of me to think you would understand. I'm sure girls like you accept any kind of friendship or relationship."