37. blood and rings

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

blood and rings

There was something about Little Shit Malfoy that just annoyed the living life out of the March sisters. It wasn't just the way he talked and walked, like he was the most important person in the world but how he treated people. He didn't consider other people's feelings and that bothered them. They couldn't understand how someone could be so mean. Malfoy was privileged and had no reason to be a mean bully. If anyone had a reason to be mean to others it was Harry who has had a rough childhood.

Malfoy's latest act included making fun of people who go to St. Mungos. It was a low blow even from him and Rory wasn't afraid to let him know how poor his behaviour has been. She thought he had been absolutely inhuman for speaking such things, and in front of Neville Longbottom. Not too many knew it but Neville's parents have been residents of St. Mungos for over a decade and counting. The only reason the March sisters knew about it was through Lara who had seen Neville at the hospital over the summer.

"Oy Malfoy," she said loudly when noticing the blonde ferret in the Great Hall later that day. "I would like to have a word with you."

Via, Hermione and Olive were with Rory, all three equally furious at the boy. To their surprise Draco turned around to see the girls approaching him — normally he would ignore them just for the hell of it.

The Malfoy boy was smirking like he was the king of the world. Like what he had said or done did not matter. That he was the only thing that mattered in the world and was untouched because of his obnoxious family name and wealth.

Rory, her sisters and her friends have always hated Malfoy from the moment they met him. They have let him know it — arguing with him like they were siblings who hated each other but not once has any of them been in a physical fight with the boy. It was Hermione who had once punched Malfoy.

"What, March?" Sneered Draco.

"What is it with you? That you are so rude and mean to people who have never done anything to you. Why do you feel superior to others?" Rory huffed, her hands firmly on her hips. She could tell some students were looking at her but she couldn't care less. Many wanted Draco Malfoy to get lectured and no one gave a lecture better than a March sister.

Draco shrugged his shoulders. "Well, I am better than you. I'm rich, a pureblood and live in a big manor much too big for my family. I have everything and you have nothing."

"You can't measure your humanity with the things you have," Olive chimed in, ready to hex Malfoy to oblivion.

"I don't only have things. I have a family, parents," said Draco.