25

KEHLANI

"I still cannot believe you've been to a zoo." I say chuckling as we stare the giraffes. I would vlog the day but I felt like this day should be more private and intimate, it's only right.

Plus, it's the first day we've been on a date since Sierra's passing

The hard thing was editing because this man never gets off of me and I can't ever focus but after today i'll focus more on uploading content.

"I've probably seen more animals than you anyway. You ever seen a live chicken before?" He asks and I shake my head no.

"See, back in Nigeria you would have a bunch of them running around." He replies. He didn't talk much about Nigeria but I loved his stories when he did.

"I really want to go to Nigeria, i'm surprised you haven't been back since you left."

"One day, i'll take you." He says as if it's more like a vow. I start cheesing at the comment but before he can say something slick back, I cover his mouth with my hand.

"Boy why are you standing like that." I laugh as I take a picture of his stance, he's completely unserious.

He's been wearing a bunch of sleeveless shirts around me more and I love looking at his tattoo

He's been wearing a bunch of sleeveless shirts around me more and I love looking at his tattoo. It's so appealing to the eye.

"I want to get a tattoo." I tell him as we walk to look at the next animal.

"Where?" He asks me and I point to a particular part on my neck.

"What you gonna get?" He asks and I think for a minute.

"I don't know, I just want something cute. I want one of them red tattoos too." I explain and he nods.

"You want me to draw it for you?" He asks causing me to jerk my head back.

"You can draw?" I ask and he nods. "I feel like you know everything about me but I don't know enough about you."

"You know a lot." He says as we stop to look at the pink flamingos.

"Oh my god, I don't even know your favorite color." My jaw slightly drops but he only chuckles.

"It's navy blue." He replies and I make sure to make a mental note of that.

"But I bet you know mine." I sigh and he nods.

"It's tiffany blue." He replies which deepens my frown.

"What do you want to know?" He asks me and I think.

"When was your first kiss?" I turn to him. He's told me he hasn't been in any relationships besides from me so this should be interesting.

"I was like 11," He says chuckling. "What about you?"

"15. How can you be kissing people at the age of 11?" I reply but he shrugs.

I would kiss him right now if we wasn't around a bunch of kids...which follows onto my next question.

"Do you like kids? Like do you want any?" I say shyly, I hope I get the answer I want.

"Of course, I love children. In Nigeria everyone had big families and I definitely miss the unity. I just want to create a family for myself." He replies which makes me slightly sad.

"I really hope you can recreate that relationship with your family whilst you can, you might regret it later." I say in hope.

"I told you, we can see them one day." He reassures causing me to smile.

"Who's your favorite superhero?" I ask and he bursts out laughing.

"Spider-man." He says after his long ass dumb ass laugh.

"Mine is Doctor Strange, plus he looks like he gives some good di-

"Don't make me beat your ass in this zoo 'Lani." He interrupts causing me to smile.

You can beat something else.

"What you doing tomorrow?" He asks me.

"No more staying in, we both have shit to do." I tell him.

"But baby-

"But baby nothing, don't you have stuff to do?" I ask him and he shrugs. His phone starts to ring and he gives me a look. I give him permission to answer it and he nods in return.

AMIR

"What you mean they arrested him?" I sigh across the line.

"Rico must've violated his parole or some shit like that," Darrel explains. "We need you."

"What the fuck do you mean 'we'? Darrel you got your lick back, what else do you need?" I stress. Ever since Sierra he's been involved heavily, that's not what I wanted for him.

"What you think I'a forget what happened just 'cause I did what I did? Nah nigga fuck that."

"Just don't do nothing yet, i'm coming over to see you."

"Is everything okay?" Kehlani asks as she scoffs down some ice cream. My reminder to stay calm through everything.

I don't want to tell her, but I promised.

"Let's go and I'll tell you." I turn to her and her eyebrows furrow slightly before she gives in.

I would like to stay a little longer but this wasn't the time. In the next hour and a half we get home since the Zoo was pretty far from us.

"I'm going home today." She says and I scrunch my face up.

"What you meannn." I whine, mushing my head in the crook of her neck.

"Baby." She laughs softly as she slowly massages my back. "What was you going to tell me?"

"Rico got arrested, I don't know what he did yet." I tell her and she nods.

"What does this mean?"

"I'm just gonna go over to see Darrel and talk about it, I can't have him in the streets without Rico. That's the only person that we can really trust with him."

"Amir the last time you was there..."

"That ain't gonna happen again, I promise you." I pull out my pinky finger causing her to laugh. She wraps hers around mine before pecking my lips twice.

"You trust me?" I ask her and she nods slowly. I brush my lips against hers before pulling her in for a kiss.

"I trust you." She smiles widely and I peck her lips once more.

"See you later." I get up from her before grabbing my keys and leaving since I was already dressed. Once i'm out I catch the two police cars that surrounded my house.

What the fuck?

"Excuse me sir, are you Amir Carter?" One of the officers ask me and I nod.

I'm fucked.