64

KEHLANI

He lifts his head slightly and our eyes meet before he starts smiling. I stroke the sides of his face with my acrylics as he lays between my legs.

I loved this with him.

I grip her waist and pull her closer towards me, burying my head in her chest. She lowers her head and kisses the side of my mouth, causing me to smile.

He grips my waist and pulls me closer to him, burying his head in my child. I lower my head and kiss his lips and now we're both cheesing like kids.

"Do you believe in aliens?"

"Yeah, do you?"

Who didn't believe in aliens?

"No but I knew your childish ass would say yeah."He retorts and I scoff. He should've never started this topic because he knew i'd argue with him about it until he would agree with me.

"You mean to tell me there's eight planets on our solar system, some that are even bigger than Earth let alone countless planets around the universe and you think humans are the only species alive or that has been on this world. Hell no." I clarify and he starts smiling.

He loved when i'd become a little nerd like this and ramble on about whatever I was thinking.

"If it's not in the Bible, I don't believe it." He replies and I open my mouth to protest but I struggle to find a answer.

"Okay fair enough."

"Baby I won't lie to you.. I'm mad close to your pussy right now-"

"Bye Amir." I reply, trying to free myself away from his grip but he wraps his tighter around me before biting my forearm.

"Stop that shit."

"Let me bite something else damnnn." He replies causing me to chuckle. "I'm serious too."

"Let me go please Ajani is going to get up soon." I plead and he softens his grip, allowing me to go. I won't lie I loved how clingy he was but we barely had any time for it because of baby boy.

"I love you." He says, pulling me back my neck before pecking my lips. I was literally going to go next door.

"Love- I love you too." I correct myself, knowing he hates that. I don't really have a issue with it but if it doesn't have I, he'll get a attitude.

I get up and he tries to reach for my ass whilst doing so but he misses by a inch. I look back and chuckle to myself before leaving the room.

Ajani always had a smile on his face whenever he woke up wether it was in the morning or one of his naps.

He was such a happy baby and I loved it. Definitely doesn't get it from me because everyone knows i'm is not a morning person.

Sometimes he reminds me of my dad, he looked just like Amir but I know he has my dads eyes because so do I, i've just never brought it up.

I didn't hate my dad but he did make my life a lot more harder than it had to but I did miss the good memories I had with him.

Once he died I had to force myself to act like I didn't care because of all the bad memories but he wasn't the worst person ever.

I guess I missed him.

I realise tears are literally falling as I'm smiling at my baby, seeing my dad right through him. I definitely missed him.

"You had a good sleep stink?" I ask him knowing damn well he can't reply as I pick him up. He babies and wiggles in my arms as I lay a kiss on his cheek.

His eyes are bright open and his smile doesn't fade, this only happens when he just woke up or he's feeding.

I touch his fingers, I think to check if he's real. It's hard to believe that he is, that all of this is. That the oblivious, privileged girl I was had became a mother and a soon to be wife.

"I love you Ajani, so much." I whisper to him and he shows his gummy teeth in response but i'll take that as a 'I love you too'.

I walk back in with him to my bedroom where Amir was sprawled out, his phone next to his ear. He looked serious- or stressed and the lines on his forehead were starting to become visible.

"You okay?" I transfer Ajani to my other arm before I rub his back with my free hand and he turns back to me quickly, startled.

"It's just me, what's wrong?"

"Nothing i'm cool." He replies nonchalantly but I know him. I open my mouth to speak but he stops me. "Don't argue ma, i'm cool."

"Stop doing that to your face you're starting to get lines on your head." I tell him as I sit down on the side of the bed and he shrugs.

Ajani escapes my arm and crawls over to his dad's chest, slobbering all over his chin. Amir chuckles before kissing the side of his face.

That wasn't fooling me though, something was up.

"Tell me what's bothering you." I turn to him and he sighs before scratching his head.

"I promise you it isn't nothing," He replies and I suck my teeth. "I don't know why you're stressing, i'm good."

"Okay." I reply simply.

"You know we ain't spoke much about our wedding." He brings up. I slightly forgot about that, I knew it was bound to happen but planning one?

"What do you want for it?"

"I don't know, anything that you want." He shrugs and I turn to him.

"You know it will be ours meaning that you have a say too," I reply. "I don't even know where to start."

"Maybe a dress?" He remarks and I turn to him before laughing. Who starts with finding their dress?

"No- just no. We need to start with a date then once that's done you find a venue and i'll find the outfits then everything else will form." I tell him and he nods.

"Why don't you just get a planner or something?"

"Nigga, no." I reply.

"Alright damn," He starts before signing again. I turn to him, listening closely. "Nobody has found Darrel since the day I was arrested and I won't lie to you, i'm scared."

So that's what this is about.

"You was lying low for like 4 months in a whole other state and everybody thought you was dead. Maybe he's just doing the same. He's  a smart guy, I know he's okay wherever he is." I reassure him and he leans back.

Ajani hits his mouth causing both us to laugh, lightening the mood a little. Thank God for our little boy.

"You right, it ain't nothing."

WRITERS NOTE:
calm before the storm guys, calm before the storm.

is Darrel dead?