74

AMIR

"Our last date before we're married, doesn't that sound weird to you?" She asks me as her head lays on my stomach. She's massaging the small scar from where I got shot which feels so calming.

"No, not at all." I say with a smile on my face. She looks up to me and starts smiling too. "This is all I wanted."

"To get married?" She asks me and I shake my head.

"To have my own family I can love correctly and also to teach me how to love correctly and you guys have done just that." I say, looking down at both of them.

Ajani was sitting somewhat crossed-leg, leaning Kehlani's legs. He could sit up now and was playing with the sand.

"I love you, so much, i'm so happy you entered my life." She replies. She wouldn't have had a choice anyway, we are soulmates.

"I love you more mama," I reply. "Aye why did you make me chase you for so long tbough? Could've been married by now."

"My ex,"

"It was a trio, me, Adora and Koutoure. Koutoure introduced me to my ex because they were friends but they were a fling on the low for most of my relationship,"

"I knew Adora wouldn't do that but it was just weird, I didn't want that to happen again. And I just didn't know if I wanted a relationship, I was having fun." She replies and I scrunch my face up.

"Having fun doing what?" I ask her and she just laughs.

"You can't get mad at things i've done before we were together," She replies. She was right but I couldn't imagine Kehlani in a hoe phase, it was just weird to me.

"Having fun doing what? That's all I wanna know, i'm very curious." I say.

"I was just out a lot with Adora, on holiday, at parties, anything. I was a little wild but you calmed me down." She replies. Yeah I sure did.

"I've been a homebody, you see this?"

"Have you ever been skinny dipping?"

"What is that?" I ask her and her eyes widen. I've never heard of that phrase, ever.

"Oh my...skinny dipping.? When you jump into a pool naked with other people?" She asks me and I shake my head.

"That's some white people shit, why would you do that?" I retort and she shrugs. "You just undressed and jumped into a pool with a bunch of naked people?"

"Well- no- yeah basically. There was four people, me Adora and two other boys and we were drunk so we just decided to do it." She replies.

Ajani jabbers as he scratches his head, looking up at me. This nigga really thinks I can understand what the hell he's saying.

"I know right, your your mama was buggin'." I say to Ajani who starts giggling in return but I take that as him agreeing with me. "That's why your my nigga."

"Whatttt? I was young and single and lit, why would I not do dumb shit with my best friend?" She replies and I shrug. "Before me didn't you do anything even remotely stupid?"

"No I was too busy trying not to get killed," I say and she shuts up quickly. "That was supposed to be funny."

"That's not very- I don't know why you freaked out when I pulled up with a gun, if I wanted you dead I wouldn't have fell asleep in your house." I interrupt, switching the topic.

"We grew up veryyy differently, you don't think i'd be concerned at the very least if someone I just met came to my house with a weapon?" She replies, tilting her head.

"You was just a pussy but I changed that." I say with a smile and and she rolls her eyes. She's doing all that because she knows i'm right.

Ajani looked at me then Kehlani which meant he was going to do something mischievous. He started to lie down then crawl slowly over to the shore.

"He can't even walk but he wants to swim." I say to myself as I stand up to get him. I walk two feet towards him and try to pick him up but he pushes me away with his soft, small hands.

"How are you fighting your son?" Kehlani jokes before laughing. This nigga was just so aggressive for no reason.

Kehlani comes to save the day and scoops Ajani up before nearer to the water with them. "Hold on, i'm coming." I stop her and she turns.

"He's fine, i'm not going to drown him Amir." She coaxes which I ignore. I didn't mean that she was incapable of looking after him but I would rather I be nearer to Ajani whilst he was in the water.

I would just feel more at ease that way.

She walks a little deeper into the water and I follow behind her. I take Ajani from her just to be sure before dipping him into the water, his knees first.

He waddles around, trying to force himself out of my arms but I hold him tight so he doesn't slip away. Once I realise he's enjoying it I slip him deeper inside the water around his waist.

"Look at my baby," She smiles at Ajani and he babbles back, saying God knows what. I would like to think that he's calling me the best dad ever.

Because I will be.

My two babies were sharing ice cream and of course, they're both making a mess. Ajani's is all around his mouth which is too adorable to and Lani's is slipping down her chest.

"Let me lick that off for you," I tell her and she looks down before chuckling. She wipes it with a napkin causing me to suck my teeth. "I could've done a better job."

"Your son is right here," She replies and I shrug.

"You know when we're older Ajani's friends are gonna see you as that fine ass milf," I say "I'm really gonna have to beat up some kids."

"Getting jealous over ten year olds is crazy."

Shit.

"Kehlani, scrap everything." I say quickly, lifting my head up. She looks back at me with a confused face.

"Scrap everything. All of it. I want the ceremony of our wedding to be here. Right here." I tell her and her face softens.

"I would love that but it's way too short- No, it's not. We can get it done. I want our wedding to be here Kehlani. It's important to me." I say and she sighs.

"You know it's always about you for me baby, it's always going to be about you but just this one time i'm begging you for this." I plead.

"We're really doing this?"

"I want to." I tell her truthfully and she smiles before pecking my lips. "Okay then let's do it." She replies before leaning into the kiss.

" She replies before leaning into the kiss