36

KEHLANI

"Get the fuck out my face." I scoff, swallowing my tears. I try to open my car door but he stops me, pulling my arm away.

"Baby what you saw, it wasn't-

"Don't call me that Amir." I retort.

"Kehlani that isn't what happened, I promise you that." He pleads.

"All I know is, I saw a bunch of videos of you in a room alone with girls that were feeling on you and kissing on you and you didn't do shit about it." I say calmly and respectfully.

"It was a short ass clip, you didn't even see what happened after."

"Either way, you were in a room with a bunch of girls alone, that ain't cheating to you?" I ask him and he says quiet, knowing i'm correct.

"On my siblings I wouldn't do you like that, yes I made a mistake but I didn't cheat on you I swear." He says.

"If you was mad about what I said you should've just spoke to me, you didn't have to embarrass me like that." I suck my teeth before getting in the car.

He backs off whilst I switch on the engine. He stares at me as I drive off but I don't dare to give him the satisfaction by looking back at him.

Fuck that.

ADORA

Kehlani never cries. The only time I can vividly remember her crying is when I ate her McDonald's.

Ive wished for her to cry, for her to talk to me and let it out because all she ever does is hold in whatever she's feeling.

But today, I regret what I wished for.

"Have you even ate?" I ask her, rubbing her back but she doesn't budge. "Kehlani." I say sternly.

"Damn Adora, i'm fine." She snaps back causing me to jerk my head back.

"Sorry..." She whispers with a sigh. I sit besides her on the couch.

"Have you ate Kehlani?" I ask her and she shrugs.

"I'll eat something later." She replies.

"Miss. Iman, Miss.Kiyomi your luggage is packed in the car and ready." Alfred says as he walks in. Honestly thank God for Adora, God knows I wasn't driving to the airport or paying for a uber regardless of how much money I make.

"Thank you so much Alfred." I say for the hundredth time.

"Miss Kiyomi, i've been driving you girls around for years." He replies with a soft chuckle.

"And I thank you every time don't I?"

"Yes, you do." He says. He looks at Kehlani before we both exchange looks. He crouches down to her and lifts her face by her chin.

"What did I say to you when you was younger whenever you was in a tough situation?" He asks her.

"Diamonds are just rocks that we're under pressure and you are a diamond so it will be your..."

"Time to shine soon." They both finish off as Kehlani smiles. I've been trying to do that all damn day.

"Thanks Alfred." She says, wiping her eyes. Alfred kisses her hand before helping her up with his.

"You girls ready to go to Miami?" Alfred asks us making us all laugh.

"Yes we are." I reply before turning to Kehlani.

I hope we are.

Alfred opens the door for us but Damien walks through with a angry look on his face.

Here we fucking go.

"Kehlani, in my office, now." He says sternly. I open my mouth to reply because we got somewhere to go, literally but Kehlani shoots me a look.

"It won't take long." She replies. I look at Alfred but he only sucks his teeth.

We all knew how Mr.Iman was, I just wonder why he was mad this time.

KEHLANI

"Dad please explain to me how this is my fault?" I sigh, looking at the comments displayed on his laptop.

I knew a lot of people knew about me and Amir's relationship but I didn't know it was this popular. I thought we was pretty lowkey about it.

"It's not a good look, at all. See now Zeke.." He starts but I ignore it.

He clears his throat and sits in his chair, looking at me straight in my eyes.

"Dad if i'm here for you to lecture me, I will be leaving." I tell him truthfully.

"Princess, i'm running for mayor." He says as he grins.

Who the fuck?

"Who running fo' mayor?" I ask, jerking my head back.

"See what they're doing to you, you don't speak like this. You don't act like this." He scoffs.

"Like what daddy?"

"Ratchet." He replies causing me to scoff. I stand up quickly but he takes ahold of my hand.

"What's wrong dad?" I sigh, sitting back down slowly.

"I want you to spend more time with Zeke. He comes a from a great family and has a great future ahead of him." He replies.

"You just want it to be a good look for your campaign, ask your other child." I say.

"Kieron? Please. All the women he brings home are all whores using him for his money." My dad says causing us both to laugh.

This is one of the first times i've seen him less tight and actually..smile.

"So..you're really running for mayor?" I ask him.

"I do."

"Why? You're a basketball star."

"Because when I was younger, I told Ms.Green I wanted to be a mayor. She told me 'ain't no negro becoming no mayor, especially not you.' " He replies.

"To prove her wrong?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"To prove everyone wrong." He says.

"I'm proud of you dad." I tell him truthfully.

"Me too peanut." He says, chuckling.

"Sorry to interrupt Damien but we have to go." Adora says after bursting into the office.

I slightly wished she waited a little longer, I loved hearing my dad laugh. I don't remember the last time I did.

"Bye dad, see you when i'm back?" I ask him and he nods before hugging me.

"Be safe princess." He says before kissing my cheek.

"You ready?" Adora asks me before looking at Alfred.

"Yeah, i'm ready." I tell her.

"Oh by the way, Dion's gonna be there." She says.

Dion?