17

AMIR

"This is big as fuck." Darrel chuckles as we look at the empty plot of land in front of us.

"You need anything, just tell me. I need this shit done." I tell him and he nods.

"I won't fail you." He turns from the plot then looks to me. The best architectures we're offered to me but I know only Darrel can do job, besides from Rico and Curtis he was the only one who knew me the most.

"I saw Curtis." I tell him.

"You did? How's he doing?" He asks me and I shake my head.

"He ain't getting any better any time soon." I sigh.

"It wasn't your fault, you know that right?" Darrel looks up to me but I wave him off.

"We both know it is, I knew what the fuck I was doing D." I respond but he doesn't, he keeps quiet.

I don't blame him.

"How's your girlfriend?" He asks, switching the conversation to a lighter note.

I open my mouth to speak but she calls me right in the moment. Darrel gives me a playful smile before I accept it.

"Hey baby." I say into the camera. I look around her surroundings and she's at a cafe? No, a diner.

"Is there a reason as to why you haven't answered any of my texts?" She asks with some attitude in her voice.

I scroll down to see a bunch of unread messages from her.

Now why didn't I see that?

"My bad ma, i've been busy the whole day."

"Too busy that you couldn't tell me?" She tilts her head in the camera. I did mess up but I can't focus when she's this fucking beautiful.

"I know, i'm sorry. I'll make it up to you."

"Bye Amir." She ends the call before I get a chance to say something. I look up to Darrel who bursts out into laughter.

"Why you ain't text her back huh?" He chuckles as we get in the car. I send her a small text before putting my phone in my pocket and driving Darrel home.

"Yo, how's your moms doing?" He turns me and I shrug. Me and Darrel's parents had a very strong relationship which originally formed ours.

"When's the last time you seen her?"

"Shit I don't even know." I stretch as I lean back into my seat.

"Well if you do, tell her I said hi and shit." He says before dapping me up.

"I love you man." I tell him as he gets out the car. I felt a need to tell him specifically today, I don't know why.

"I love you brother." He replies before walking into his house. I look around the area from my mirrors before driving off.

I think about my mother but I delete the thought quickly. I would love nothing more but to see her but she probably hates me too.

I take a hard swerve to drive back to the studio and get ready for my next client who wanted a newborn photoshoot.

KEHLANI

ACE❤️

-Don't end the call like that on me ever again.
I told you i'll make it up to you.

We'll see.

- Yeah we will, i'm seeing you tonight.