Chapter 15

Zane kissed Sierra on the forehead, trying not to wake her.  She stirred anyway, mumbling as she cracked open an eye.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you.  I have to go and I couldn't resist kissing you."

"What time is it?  Where are you going?"  Her sleepy voice called to him.

Can't we stay?

No, you know we have to go.

"It's four thirty.  I'm heading out to check on the warrior training, and then I have meetings all morning with the senior staff.  Go back to sleep, sweetheart.  I'll link you later."

"Hmm.  Love you."  She whispered before falling back asleep.

"I love you, too."  Chuckling, he kissed her cheek before forcing himself out of his house.

Hours later, he was finally alone in his office.  His first day back has already been hectic, and it's still early.

That was a smart move, telling all the leadership your cooked up story.  You laid it on a little thick, though.

Well, by tonight, the whole pack will hear our spin on it.

I bet everyone will know in an hour.

Good idea suggesting a welcoming party this weekend.  The girls seemed excited to plan it.

All my ideas are great!  Here's another one, ask Sierra to come for lunch!  I miss her.

I miss her too.

Sweetheart, are you busy?

Not really, just organizing all this stuff.

Would you like to have lunch with me?

Where?

In my office, I still have a lot of work to do.

Ok, where is it?

The second floor of the pack house.  Follow my scent.  I'll have the kitchen staff send up something.

I'll have to bring Angie.

Of course!  See you soon!

We should get another play pen for in here.

Looking around his large office, Zane had a brilliant plan.

Sierra gave Angie paper and pencils to play with on the floor while she sat on Zane's lap.  Feeding each other bites of sandwiches, she was giggling when the door opened.

"Oh, sorry, Zane."  Steve bowed his head.

"Knock from now on."  He narrowed his eyes.

"Yes, Alpha."  He stood awkwardly.

"Well, what do you want?"

"It's two. You requested the off duty guards to assemble in the gym.  I tried linking you, but it was blocked."

Sighing, he responded.  "You're right, I did.  Sweetheart, I've got to get back to work."

She stood up and grabbed Angie.  "I understand.  Thanks for asking me to visit.  Beta Steve."  She bowed to him then left.

"She looks a lot better compared to the scrawny kid we found."

Growling at the insult, Zane had to push Xavier down.  "Do not disrespect her."

"Whoa!"  Steve put his hands up.  "I meant that as a compliment.  I got the message this morning.  She's yours.  You should just mark her and get it over with."