Chapter 24

"Sierra, can you come over to Lily's after school?"  Brittany asked a week after Sierra's birthday.

"Sure, can I bring Angie?"

"Her house isn't baby proof.  I'd leave her in daycare.  It shouldn't take too long."

"Alright, I'll stop to check on her, then head on over."

"Great!  See you later!"

What does she want now?  Star grumbled.

Like I know!

I don't trust her.  She's been nice, but there's something off about her.

Remember her face when Zane gave me the ring?

Priceless!  I know you were disappointed that it wasn't an engagement ring.

She was happy it wasn't.  I love it, though.

Of course you do!  It matches the necklace he gave us.

And now we have the earrings, too!

The best birthday present was having hours to play with Xavier!

Ew!  Please don't remind me of the nasty things the two of you did.  I'm still scarred.

You're just jealous.

I'm glad you got to spend time with him.  I feel guilty that I see them every day and you don't.

No worries, Xav and I share loads without you knowing.

Gross!  I don’t want to know!  We're almost there.  Keep your comments to yourself.  Last time, she almost caught us talking.

Fine.

"I bet you're wondering why I asked you over."

"It did cross my mind."

"I didn't want the others overhearing at the pack house."

Meaning you didn't want her scent in your room.  Snickered Bandit.

"You know my birthday is in two months."

"Yeah."

Liar.

Shush.

"Well, I wanted your help to plan my party!  It's on Wednesday, which sucks so bad.  Dad said we could have a big party on Saturday with other packs, but only our pack on Wednesday.  I definitely want all the unmated guys there, I might find my mate!"

"What kind of party do you want on your birthday?"

"I'm not sure.  I thought about a pack party."

"We do that every other week, at least.  This should be special.  Do you think Lily would let you have it here?"

"Here?"

"Yeah, invite all the wolves age sixteen to twenty and unmated age twenty-one to maybe twenty-five?"

"Instead of everyone?  I like that idea.  Dad won't let us have alcohol.  He already warned me what would happen if we did."

"Music, dancing, a movie?  What do you want to do?  We could also go for a run, just the kids with you leading.  I mean, you guys could go for a run."

"Hm, maybe.  Dad said since it's a weekday, the party has to be over by ten.  We could do a run at nine.  What could we do?  It's not a lot of time, but just listening to music can get boring."

"How many wolves do you think would be here?"

"Around thirty if we have some of the older unmated guys."