Chapter 27

"Megan, I need to talk to Brian in Scott's office."  Zane said curtly.  He clenched his fists in an attempt to stay in control.

"Of course.  You know where it is.  Let me get the key."

Chill out!  The one you're angry at isn't here!

I'll rip their heads off!

We need to calm him down, go touch him.  Star told Sierra.

Zane's eyes flashed from black to blue, a clear sign Xavier was at the surface.  Placing a hand on his back, Sierra grabbed his hand.

"You're scaring Angie."  She whispered in his ear.

Turning towards the young pup, he noticed her cowering behind Brittany.  Taking a few deep breaths, he was finally able to push Xav down.  Worried that he would frighten her more if he talked, he looked at Brian to silently say follow me.  He met Megan halfway there, and she handed him the key.

Once locked in, Zane faced the other Alpha.  "What do you mean someone is looking for Sierra?"

"Aparently, a few months ago, someone was asking if she had been part of the pack.  I expected any inquiries to come to me, not a regular member."

"Why didn't you alert me right away?"  He growled.

"Don't growl at me.  I only discovered it a week ago.  I thought it would be better to talk in person rather than over the phone when I realized Charlie was your nephew.  I also had to find out if it was a rumor.  Emily came to me saying she overheard another she-wolf talking about a friend who was looking for someone.  Emily didn't remember the name of the wolf who rescued her nephews.  She told me about it when it clicked that it could be Sierra.  I interviewed the she-wolf myself."

Brian grunted, running his hand through his hair.  "An acquaintance called her, asking a lot of questions about a young she-wolf who was in our pack.  Every detail known about her was the cover story you came up with for Sierra.  The person looking even had a description of her and the pup.  My member confirmed that we had no such wolf in our pack recently."

Fear, deep and sharp, hit Zane like a Mac truck.  "Was Blood Moon ever mentioned?"

"No.  But she implied she would keep looking for where Sierra came from."

"She?"

"The one asking was an older she-wolf," Brian started.

"Let me guess.  Karen Wilder."  Almost afraid to speak, Brian nodded.

I'll kill her!

Settle down!

This is our mates safety you're talking about!

Do you want to kill our mother?  We don't know the full story yet!  Besides, are you surprised she'd take it upon herself to check out Sierra?  She's been against Sierra from the beginning.  Trying to get us to make Lily Luna.

As if.  That girl is not Luna material.  Alright, you have a point about mom.

"Thanks, Brian.  Is there anything else suspicious going on?"

"Not that I know of.  Have you gotten any leads on who was responsible?"

"No, it's one of the things I want to talk to Scott and Megan about."

"I'd like in on that conversation, if you don't mind."

Zane thought for a moment, then agreed.  "That's fine.  I need another perspective on this, I've been racking my brains for months, trying to sniff out leads."