Chapter 33

Sierra picked Angie up for the hundredth time, only to have the toddler squirming to be put down again.  She preferred playing with her toys over being confined.  Glancing around the room, Sierra noticed everything was clean.  She was reaching for the duster when the doorbell startled her.

"Brittany, what are you doing here?"  Sierra opened the door wider to welcome her in.

"Dad called me a few weeks ago and told me about your pack."  Her voice broke on a sob.  "I can't imagine what you've gone through.  Then, on top of that, I was awful to you."  Wiping at her face, Brittany couldn't continue and gathered Sierra in a fierce hug.  "I'm so sorry."

Deeply touched, Sierra cried along with her.  Several minutes passed before either of them regained control.  "That doesn't explain why you're here."

"He asked me for suggestions on how to cheer you up.  I did give him a few, but I wanted to see you in person.  Enough of this crying fit.  Grab Angie, and let's go."

"Go where?"

"First, we'll drop her off with Dad.  He knew I was coming today.  Actually, he specifically asked me to come today.  Then we're going shopping!  You seriously need a new wardrobe.  Let me guess, you went shopping with Dad?"  Sierra nodded sheepishly.  "I thought so."  Brittany started to knock on the office door when it opened.

"What did you think?  Hey, baby, I'm glad you made it."  Zane plucked Angie into his arms and kissed Brittany on her cheek.  "How was the trip?"

"It was fine!  Ugh!  I talked to you like, five minutes ago.  Card, please."  She stretched out her hand, and Zane placed a credit card in it.  "Thank you!  See ya tomorrow, Dad!"  She linked elbows with Sierra to pull her out the door.

"Tomorrow?"

"Have fun, sweetheart.  I love you."  Quickly kissing her before Brittany took her away, he barely heard her response.

"I love you too!  What do you mean, tomorrow?"  She asked while being dragged out of the pack house.

"You're all mine until then.  First, we've got to pick up Tiffany.  Then we head to the salon.  I set up appointments for the three of us to get our hair done plus mani-pedis.  It's on to shop till we drop, or eight."

"Is that when the stores close?"

"No, we're meeting up with the rest of the girls at the Japanese Hibachi for dinner.  The girls are all having a sleepover at Lily's house.  For breakfast, the mates are going to cook for us!  I'm so excited!  Aren't you?"

Tiffany jumped in the back seat as Sierra realized what Zane did.  Instead of fretting over her birthday, he arranged a perfect diversion.  Brittany wanted to do this, which meant a great deal.  "Yeah, it sounds like a lot of fun."  A smile gradually spread on her face.

Squealing, Tiffany said, "I'm not sure which part I'm looking forward to more!  The salon, shopping, dinner, hanging out tonight, binging on junk food or doing facials!"

"It's all about food with you!  Don't forget the guys making breakfast."

"Ohh, yeah!  I can't wait!"

A poke in the face made Sierra open her eyes the next morning.  "Time to get up, sleepy head!  Breakfast is ready!"

"How can you be chipper in the morning, Brittany?"  Grumbling, she swung her feet to the floor.

"I don't know.  I just am!  Come on."

When are we going to see Zane?  I want to mark him!

Settle down.  We don't know if he wants us yet.