9 - Jealous

Izuku doesn't understand what he sees in her. Sure, she's pretty, Izuku hates her but that is something you can't deny, and she's one of the most popular girls in their grade. But still! Katsuki is way better! He's popular, and pretty, and cool and amazing and perfect and-

The point is that he's too good for her. She's dumb as a rock and as far as Izuku sees, they really don't have that much in common. She just clings to him, dragging him around and still, he drapes his arm around her shoulders, gives her small kisses on the cheek, and she even gets to hug him.

It's not fair.

Seeing the two of them makes him want to throw up. Every single time he sees them being together, being a couple, being out there, it makes his guts turn and his head dizzy.

He's jealous.

He knows he is, it's obvious. He's been in love with Katsuki since they were children, but he should have known he means nothing to the blonde.

This is what he tells his best friend Ohi Ai as he cries into his shoulder.

It's stupid, he feels dumb for crying over something like this when he knew it wouldn't end well.

"Izuku don't say that. It's going to be ok. Katsuki is an asshole and a prick, it's good that he couldn't infect you with his disease."

"Kacchan doesn't have a disease, he's too perfect."

Ohi rolls his eyes, patting Izuku's back in comfort.

"Duh, it's called asshole disease. I heard it gives you the shits, like bad."

"Gross why would you say something like that-"

"I'm trying to comfort you dude! It's supposed to be a joke!"

"Why would that be funny?!"

"Because i just said he's an asshole, and he's got asshole disease! Like his actual-"

"Just stop-"

"It's supposed to have a double meaning! Whatever it doesn't matter! Are you feeling any better?"

"No, you're scaring me talking about assholes."

"Don't say it like that! It's a joke! You stopped crying, didn't you?!"

Izuku smiles and wipes at his face, taking a deep breath. He looks at Ohi and pats his head.

"Thank you Ohi."

He gives him a smile back.

"Course, what best friend would i be if i just let you cry like that."

-- - - - - -- - -

Deku is pretty. A lot prettier than any girl he's ever seen, and he has been for years. Pretty freckles, pretty face, pretty big ass too.

But his smile is the prettiest.

So why is it always directed at that stupid asshole. He doesn't remember or care about the extras name, all that's important is the fact that he's Izuku's 'best friend.'

It's a loud of bullshit that's what it is. Ever since they were kids Izuku and Katsuki were best friends. Well, Katsuki kind of ruined that title when he started to bully Izuku, but that doesn't matter because they were best friends first. And it isn't even that they were best friends, it's that Izuku is always with that extra.

Katsuki isn't jealous. Hes only making sure that Izuku is safe. Hanging around fuckers like that will only infect him, poison him. So, his plan was to keep Izuku's eyes on him, and what better way to do that then date the most popular girl in his grade?

Shes popular for a reason, right? So Izuku is bound to notice. The problem is that actually being with her and pretending to be a good boyfriend is annoying and it pisses Katsuki off. How was he supposed to know what class she had next, it's not like he memorized her schedule. How was he supposed to know that when he gets home, he has to tell her. How was he supposed to know that he had to make a good impression with her friends.

It would have been different if it were Izuku.

If it were Izuku then he would be the best fucking boyfriend in the entire world. He already knows his mother and she loves him, so making good impressions on the family is already out. Hed call him and walk him home and they would hold hands and they would go on dates, and he would remember all of the little shit his current 'girlfriend' bitches about.

"Katsuki, are you listening to me?"