17 - First Kiss

They are at the playground with some other extras, climbing all over the playground that would heat up and burn their uncovered legs.

"Did you guys hear about those two kids from the other class? They kissed!"

"Everyone kisses dummy, it's normal."

"No! My mom said that you're only supposed to kiss people you love!"

"Maybe they love each other than!"

"Gross!"

"You're gross!"

"No, you are!"

Katsuki swings his legs out, sitting on top of the big tube kids are supposed to crawl into. He's never fallen before, so it's ok to be up here. 

He looks down at Izuku who is digging into the wood chips with his red shoes, a stick in his hand. The other two are still arguing.

"What are you doing Izu?"

The green-eyed boy looks up at him and smiles. His cheeks flush and he looks at the hole of wood chips instead.

"I'm gonna make a hole and fill it up with water!"

Katsuki twists his mouth into a frown, but Izuku just keeps smiling.

"Why?"

The little boy shrugs his shoulders, his curls bobbing up and down as he does so.

"I don't know..."

Izuku's eyes gleam again, leaning forward slightly, his smile widening.

"We can play heroes in it! Like that episode where All Might was fighting in the water! Um.. What was the villain called Kacchan?"

Katsuki thinks for a moment before it comes to his head. His legs feel warm in the sun and on the plastic of the tube.

"Flood-"

"Midoriya, you shouldn't be thinking about stuff like that!"

Katsuki and Izuku both turn to the two boys, Izuku with a confused look on his face and Katsuki with a scowl on his.

"Stuff like what?"

The other two boys look at each other and then back to Izuku. The second one speaks.

"Hero shows are for little kids Midoriya! No girls are gonna like you if you talk about stuff like that!"

"Who cares what he likes, idiot. Aren't you the one who said impressing girls was gross?-"

"No! I said kissing them was gross!"

"That's the same thing!!"

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

Katsuki glances at Izuku, who is in deep thought. He then glares back at the two kids bickering again.

"Shut the hell up about that shit! Izu is not gonna be kissing girls any time soon, let alone impressing them! He can talk about heroes all he wants!"

Katsuki jumps down the tube with a small 'hmmp' and lands in the woodchips. The other two are quiet now, pouting. He grabs Izuku's hand and pulls him away, stomping.

The other two yell after them.

"Where are you going!?"

Katsuki grumbles out an answer and Izuku uses his free hand to wave goodbye to them. 

The hot sun beats down on them, but the slight wind keeps them cool. Izuku's red shoes stand out as he steps next to Katsuki's black ones.

"Kacchan..."

Katsuki glances at him, his scowl melting into his neutral expression.

"Yeah?"

The green haired boy has pink dusting his cheeks again, looking down at the ground in front of them.

"A-About.. What they were talking about..."

Katsuki feels irritation in his gut again, and his hand tightens around Izuku's.

"What about it, Izu. Are you worried about it or something?"

"N-not really. It's just that..."

"What if the person i want to kiss... Isn't a girl?"

Katsuki's seven-year-old brain short circuits and he looks away.

"It doesn't matter if its a boy or girl, you're not kissing anyone."

Izuku tilts his head, finally looking at Katsuki next to him.

"Why not?"

Katsuki feels his face grow hot and that butterfly feeling replaces the irritation.

"Because. I... I've been with you the longest. Who knows what could happen if someone else tries to kiss you."

"Why does that matter kacchan?"

"Dunno..."

Its quiet and Katsuki feels his hands get sweaty. Izuku suddenly stops walking and Katsuki glares at him.

"Hey what-"

Izuku looks at him, his eyes shining in determination, though still shy. 

"What if... the person i want to kiss is you Kacchan?" 

Katsuki stares at him, eyes slightly wide as he just stands there. Izuku doesn't look away from him even though he looks like he desperately wants to, waiting for an answer. 

Finally, when Katsuki does open his mouth, his words are rushed, and he feels his cheeks heat up. 

"I don't care. As long as you don't go doing that shit to anyone else, i don't care. And if i find out you did, ill kill them." 

Izuku swallows and nods, taking a step closer to him, face flaming red. 

"Ok. I promise i wont Kacchan. Only you." 

Izuku leans in and its quick, their lips only touching for a second. But its enough for both of them to freak out over. 

"Let's go." 

They don't talk about it after it happens, barely looking at each other. Though it isn't unpleasant, just embarrassed silence. 

Though Katsuki feels a surge of pride that day, that seemed to root itself into his mind. 

Only you