19 - Angler x Angel Pt. 2

He kept going up to the surface after that. In the same spot over and over, until seeing the boy  was as normal as breathing. The closer Katsuki got to him, the more that same mantra kept repeating in his brain. 

Mate Mate Mate Mate- 

"Kacchan, are you even listening?" 

Katsuki blinks, focusing back to the angel fish in front of him. Izuku's tail is swishing behind him, his hands on his hips and a slight pout on his face. The blonde must have been spacing out for a while. 

"Yeah yeah I'm listening you big nerd." 

Izuku gives him a look, clearly not believing him. He folds his arms and swims around Katsuki, not looking away from him at all. 

"Then what dd i say?" 

Shit. 

Katsuki rolls his eyes, baring his sharp teeth at the boy, a habit he has yet to break. 

"Probably something dumb." 

Izuku glares at him then turns his head, turning his back to him. Thats when Katsuki notices a patch of beautiful green scales missing from Izuku's tail. His heartbeat quickens in a panic and he furrows his brows, a glare on his face. 

He grabs Izuku's hand and pulls him, holding him a little harsher than he intended. Izuku winces and looks up at him, a look of confusion on his face. 

"Hey what are you-" 

"What happened to your scales." 

Izuku stops, then looks at his own tail like he had no idea some were missing. Then the nerd has the balls to turn away from Katsuki, his face red. 

"Thats what i was talking about, but someone said it was dumb." 

Katsuki's brow twitches in annoyance and his milky red eyes narrow angerly. He keeps his grip on Izuku's arm, his fingers digging into soft freckled skin. 

"Well fucking spit it out shitty nerd!" 

Izuku looks at him, then sighs, shoulders slightly slumping. 

"Fine. Will you let me go so i can show you?" 

Katsuki doesn't do anything for a second, then begrudgingly lets go. Izuku rubs his arm and swims away, Katsuki fighting the urge to swim after him. 

But he waits like a good mate, arms folded. Izuku comes back, something behind his back. Katsuki raises a brow as the nerd's face turns even more red. 

"What's up with you?" 

Izuku's green eyes stare into his red ones, and he brings out the thing behind his back. Katsuki stares at it, shocked into silence. 

It is a necklace, shark teeth hanging from the string, put into smallest to largest. But the thing that makes him silent is the green scales also hanging from it. They shine in the light and katsuki just can't look away. 

A courting gift 

Izuku turns even more red when Katsuki doesn't say anything. 

"I know it's not... Great, but it's the best i could do. If that's not enough then-" 

"Just shut the hell up." 

Izuku shuts his mouth, holding out the necklace, waiting for Katsuki to do something. The blonde snatches the necklace and puts it on himself, still not saying anything. The urge is stronger than ever before, and he stares at the green haired boy's neck. 

Finally, Katsuki says something. 

"Are you sure about this?" 

Izuku takes a moment to process the question before nodding quickly. Katsuki's eyes don't leave his as he swims closer, ugly tail swishing behind him. 

"You do know what I'm going to do to you right?" 

"I-I know..." 

"And your still saying your fine with it?" 

"I.." 

Izuku looks at him, pulling him closer, glancing at the necklace with his shining scales. 

"I love you Kacchan. Nothing else matters." 

Katsuki's self-control breaks as he latches his sharp, jutting teeth into izukus neck. The boy lets out a small squeak, but doesn't stop him, instead he wraps his arms tighter around katsuki. 

My mate.

Angler fish mate by biting their partners and then fussing together